and New Vaqueros.
RocDoc

Re: Ruger Wrangler

Post by RocDoc »

I want 1
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

I'm in with Chuck & Gene. At that price all three need to come home with me!
Nothing on GB yet. Most dealers seem to want to be the first to market with a
new offering, so I would guess none out just yet.
Keeping an eye or two open :o

JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I've got my local shop looking into it. They are not a direct Ruger dealer but have vendors that are. I put the order in yesterday but all of their vendors' websites are listing the guns but no SKUs yet, therefore, no stock. Looks like it'll be soon!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Ky Gun Co is going to be selling them for $174 shipped.
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
SteveRuger

Post by SteveRuger »

I will be handling the at the NRA next week! New Light Weight! Interesting!
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Couldn't help myself went ahead and pre ordered one of the silver ones. Here's a link to a review of them on Gunblast. https://gunblast.com/Ruger-Wrangler.htm
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
SteveRuger

Post by SteveRuger »

I normally just ignore the negative static but, Not here but on a few other Ruger Forums there has been a lot of trash talk about the Wrangler revolver, They seam to forget in 1949 the 22 Auto appeared for $37 dollars then everyone was saying it was to cheap and would not last! Well here is a Single Six shooter for under $200!
Hopefully introducing a new group of gun owners to owning a gun! That will last with a life time warrantee!
I being the kind of person I am I don't like change and as I get older I dislike it more. The Single Six I purchased for $104 back in 1972 when I was making $1.65 hour. I still have it with pride & honor. Hopefully it will bring in a new group of Gun Owners. That will feel the same as I do with Gun Ownership!
I thank Ruger for thinking forward!

IMHO :!:
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Steve, I couldn't agree more with what you said and at that price point are sure to bring in some new Ruger fans. I would have been disappointed if people in this society started bashing these before they've even had any experience with them. In the about section, it states " We want to meet, be associated with and share our knowledge, experiences, and affection for Ruger firearms and memorabilia with like minded people!! That's not to say that we shouldn't report malfunctions or bad experiences with a Ruger but the negativity about a new product from our beloved brand isn't really what we're all about. I'll bet that they're going to be great shooters and a lot of them will be sold.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Finally got my hands on them at the NRA show this weekend inn Indy and they are a lot of gun for the money. Great learning tool for new shooters and will not break the budget.
Charlie1022
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Picked up mine today, I got the silver one and am not disappointed. It's a lot like the Single-Six, the front sight is thinner, loading gate is pretty stiff but should loosen up with time. Shot a couple of cylinders full and shot well with no problems. It's hard to find a better gun for the price.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.