Polished SS New Model Super Single-Six?

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
67stingray

Polished SS New Model Super Single-Six?

Post by 67stingray »

Guys, I just bought a polished (high gloss) stainless steel new model Super Single Six. Serial number dates it 1984 - one of the first prefix numbers (260-18485). It has not been fired or according to the seller the hammer has not been pulled back, has a tie-wrap on it. Comes with orginal box and manual, model number KNR-6 and is not a convertable. Does anyone have any information about it, how many were made, etc? I do not have it in hand yet so pics are limited.
Thanks, Bennett
Attachments
Single-Six High Gloss #3.png
Single-Six High Gloss #1.png
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
67stingray

Re: Polished SS New Model Super Single-Six?

Post by 67stingray »

Got it in and it looks flawless, here's some better pics.
Attachments
Ruger High Gloss SSS #3.jpg
Ruger High Gloss SSS #4.jpg
Ruger High Gloss SSS #1.jpg
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Looks fantastic!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Wow, that is a really high polished GKNR-6!! Thanks for showing us that beauty. Good score.
Bill
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Thanks, but Bill the box label shows it as a KNR-6 - just the standard without the G for the polish. Not sure how it ended up polished weather it was done after it left the factory which is probable or was it done before it left the factory. Who knows but it was done well however.
Bennett
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

Now don't quote me here, but, I don't think that is factory. I' collected Warning Model .22 SA's for years.......So my collection started in 1978. Had quite a few KNR's in my day, Duplicate serial numbers, U marked, one they missed the roll mark on the barrel, consecutive pairs.....My collection spanned the years from 1978 to 1988, 10 years of Warning Models. During that time frame I never knew of a GKNR model. Now, I could be wrong, but......The first prefix of the .22 SA's were 66-xxxxx to the best of my recollection. Your serial number may actually be around 1982-1983 production. The RCA "D" guns which were in the 260-19xxx range were offered for sale in the RCA journal dated 12-83. Ruger doesn't necessarily produce firearms in numerical order, but, I think it gets you closer than their brief serial number range list. In my opinion I'd say it may have been an employee gun? My best guess......If the GKNR WAS produced in 1984, then it was one I missed for my collection, Regardless, very nice piece. Jack
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Thanks Jack, I think I may never know the history behind it but it stands out in the crowd and I'll keep it in it's existing condition. There is the rare occasion of nickel and crome plated Rugers, I'm just suprized that Ruger didn't put out more of the GKNR models, I think they would have sold well enough to justify it.
Bennett
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

I talked to Ruger and they said they didn't offer one polished then, which I already knew and that it came as a convertable. Shame the extra cylinder gone missing somewhere down the line. Whoever did the polishing did a good job and I got it for a good price so I'm not complaining.
Bennett