Rare Bisley 22?

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
mart

Rare Bisley 22?

Post by mart »

I just picked up this Ruger Bisley 22 and the seller stated it was one of about 100 that were made with a fluted cylinder. As you can see there is not a mark on the cylinder and it appears unfired after leaving the factory. What do the Ruger experts say? Is it truly that rare. I had planned on shooting it and probably still will. I have three weeks to decide before I can get to the range. I have a fairly good collection of Bisleys in most of the chamberings and was looking to add the 22 and 32 to the group. All of mine are shooters though and honestly I've never owned a safe queen. I've gone back and forth quite a bit with whether to shoot this one or not and as of today have decided to go ahead with using it and enjoying it. Of course that could change several times over the next three weeks. Anyway, thanks for looking.
Attachments
IMG_1171.JPG
IMG_1170.JPG
IMG_1168.JPG
ElNumeroUno

Re: Rare Bisley 22?

Post by ElNumeroUno »

Only thing I can say for sure is that is a nice pair of grips!
I am no expert on these, but my memory was that the fluted cylinder came with fixed sights and the adjustable sight model(as this one is) came with a non fluted cylinder.
I can't say whether there were 100 or not made like this. I am always pretty leery of Sellers statements unless I know them well enough to know what they know, and that I know it also. Even so, it is a nice Ruger .22 and I would shoot it; unless someone comes along and confirms the 100 story.
El Numero Uno
Serious Collector of Early & Rare Ruger No.1 Rifles
www.classicsportingarms.com
flattop44

Re: Rare Bisley 22?

Post by flattop44 »

100 or so is the estimated number of the adjustable sight and fluted cylinder guns that I have heard based on Chad Hiddleston's Red Eagle News Exchange research. I do know that in my experience you do not see them very often. Those are indeed fine looking grips. That is a good package.
FT44