Colorado Centennial

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
d findley

Colorado Centennial

Post by d findley »

Original blueprint with the actual die for the Colorado Centennial cylinder. Shows details from Colorado "history & lore" as the cylinder was rolled over this die. This is called a flat die.
Attachments
30.jpg
2j.jpg
Rugerologist

Re: Colorado Centennial

Post by Rugerologist »

I wonder how that escaped the factory! Too cool for school, Don.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

Very neat. I remember seeing a "Liberty" roll mark die at one of Bill Goodmans show back in the mid to late 80's, may have been Monroeville.....guess it's just who ya know.....or how big your "lunch box" is!
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Interesting stuff. I wonder how much pressure has to be put on the cylinder in order for it to show up?

O M CRAZY
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

O M CRAZY wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:38 am Interesting stuff. I wonder how much pressure has to be put on the cylinder in order for it to show up?

O M CRAZY
Just talked to a buddy that runs a die shop and he said about 7 tons of pressure to roller engrave a cylinder. For cylinders they would use a flat die as shown while barrels and recievers are marked with a roller die. I love precision machinery! I will put pinpoint tips on a set of vernier calipers soon to see how deep the engraving is on my New Model Stainless Bearcat cylinder. Will be interesting to find out
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

7 tons!! That's a lot of pressure :o :o

O M CRAZY
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

WOW
Don that's an amazing piece of Liberty memorabilia. Thank you for sharing it. Would you mind snapping some digital photos for me? If you ever have an inclination to sell that piece please let me know.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment