WANTED!!!! MAXIMUM SERIAL NUMBERS!!!!

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
Coogs

WANTED!!!! MAXIMUM SERIAL NUMBERS!!!!

Post by Coogs »

As I have posted elsewhere, been collecting Maximum serial numbers since about '86. Trying to establish ratio of barrel lengths, how many have been shipped, how many have been converted,etc., etc. I need the full number, barrel length, what type of box it was shipped in and any other information you think would be important. Even if it has been converted, get me the number. If you own a Max I hope to hear from you! Thanks in advance and thanks to all those that have given me your number already! Thanks for lookin', God Bless, Coogs.
Coogs

Re: WANTED!!!! MAXIMUM SERIAL NUMBERS!!!!

Post by Coogs »

Been a while, BTT....................Coogs.
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

C'mon, someone out there owns a Maxi, don't they? Coogs.
RUGER1441

Post by RUGER1441 »

You already own the only two I had ;)
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

I don't own 'em all, but at last count I think I have 50. :shock: :shock: One can never have too many Maxi's. But I'm still shy about 9000 serial numbers. Coogs.
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

Still need more numbers!!! Coogs
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

Still lookin'
d findley

Post by d findley »

Jack, Have you been able to determine that the Maximums you are looking for were actually shipped? There are a lot of discontinued models still at the Factory. From time to time many are "chopped" up.
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

I do have one, 600-00222 that has inventory stickers as late as 2005. It has Maximum barcode label on it, Ruger didn't start using barcodes until the early to mid 90's according to Chet. Also have a consecutive pair that has barcode labels on it. I actually spent about 2 hrs. on the phone with Wanda Santana in Ruger records a few years ago. We started at 600-11300 and went through each individual Max record until we came to serial number 600-11588, the highest one out there. Everything above that, up to and including 600-16314, the highest number produced, according to Chet, has been "scrapped" There were also a few small blocks of numbers between 11300 and 11588 that had been scrapped also. That is an interesting thought though. That serial number 600-11588 has not shipped and is still at the factory. Think I'll make a phone call come Monday. I just talked to customer service yesterday. Saw a Max on an auction site that looked like a 7 1/2 bull barrel, must have just been the camera angle. But, if it was legit I had to have it. So I called customer service, they called me back the next day. According to the serial number, 600-01870 they confirmed it shipped as a 10 1/2. So, being the nice guy I am, I thought I'd call the seller, a RF.com member, who I have conversed with in the past, to let him know. Told him it had been cut, that Ruger records told me so. He wouldn't believe me cause he knew the history of the gun. Then I happened to mention the serial number 1870. He said the serial number was 1370, but he DID have it listed as 1870! He eyes are almost as bad as mine. So we had a good laugh and he was happy I called him so he could correct his mistake. So, another phone call is in order. Jack
Dwane

Post by Dwane »

I just bought one in Tulsa it's number is 600-09166. Hope this helps you.
Dwane