My newest Ruger

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
RoninPA

My newest Ruger

Post by RoninPA »

Here's my newest Ruger.

Won it at a gun bash in mid March along with a Remington 870 and a bunch of other things in a special raffle.

It's the Lipsey's Exclusive , 4.2" bbl

That puts me up to 8 SA's that I now own. 7 Rugers and a Colt (Frontier Scout with the Duotone finish)
DSCN0960.JPG
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
67stingray

Re: My newest Ruger

Post by 67stingray »

Sweet gun Ron, and you can't beat the price, always nice to be a winner.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Love it!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

YEP.......bit in the ass by the SA bug!!!
We will all be watchin' the classifieds for those Security Six "extras" you want to use to finance this new itch..... :D
Just stay away from the flatgates.....don't need another bidder helping me :roll: 8-) :shock:

Seriously Ron,
Good for you. COOL GUN !!
Cheers,
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

best price ive seen in awhile, thats for sure,,,, :lol:
congrats Ron, looking forward to seeing you and the Mrs. in O-HI-O
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Jaydawg,
Nope, my heart still for my Sixes and GP's. Oh and I do have a Flatgate Single Six that is in premo condition with the original box and paperwork. It's not going anywhere either.

As I told the SA collectors, I'm not against buying a SA Ruger, I can always use it as trading material :D (although Bill Hamm does have some VERY nice SA's that I was looking at in Huntsville :o

Gene,
We'll be there, I just haven't decided what to show yet - my Six series or my newer collection of GP100's. I lean towards the Six series because it does show the differences between the low back and the high back frames and the changes that were made over it's 18 year period. Sigh, just don't know.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Ron that is a beauty indeed. Looking forward to seeing you in Ohio. Maybe even at a baseball game there in PA. Joan and I want to get to a game there in State College and go to The Original Waffle House for breakfast.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Ron, Ron, Ron......my friend ;)
Just think of the DA guns you could buy if we just made a deal on that flatgate!!!
I'm here for you just in case 8-) :lol:

Cheers,
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

JAYDAWG wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:28 pm Ron, Ron, Ron......my friend ;)
Just think of the DA guns you could buy if we just made a deal on that flatgate!!!
I'm here for you just in case 8-) :lol:

Cheers,
JAY
Jay when I go to see my friend Ron I will have the Watertender-mobile packed with all sorts of gifts for him. A whole big sack of marbles and a jug of Monongahela Rye and a jug of fresh maple syrup and a new red bandanna and a brand new kazoo and a Mattel V-RROOM motor..... What can you offer???
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Jay - Just FYI (to make you drool :D ) the s/n is 40046 (letters as May 1956). Oh, and I didn't pay anything for it either.

It was given to me for helping a woman sell the guns she inherited from her dad. She was not, at that time, gun savvy (she is now under my and others tutelage). She posted on the .com forum and I was the only one who answered her questions, which led to many emails to determine pricing, how to find buyers, how to find a good FFL, how to sell them (I posted them on the forum, and the Colt forum for one - a very nice engraved Colt with box and papers). I talked to Bill Hamm and a few others to get some insight because of where she lives (outside Atlanta). I saw the flatgate and was going to buy it from her. Had the check ready to go and she emailed me and told me that since I did so much for her and never asked for anything, she and her husband decide to give it to me. I wrote back and said I would be glad to pay for it, I was just helping someone who needed help. She wrote back and said that if I sent the check she would tear it up. I did the only thing I could, I wrote back thanking her.

The pictures she took don't do it justice. It is NICE
RugerSingleSix06.JPG
RugerSingleSix02.JPG
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron