Some Bisleys...............

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
Bob Wright

Some Bisleys...............

Post by Bob Wright »

I mentioned my friend Tommy Russell on another post, and thought I'd share some of the guns he orchestrated. Orchestrated? Tommy did some action work but farmed out the grips and finishing.
Tommy got interested in Rugers and decided that since he was a mite late he would concentrate on the collection of the Bisleys, at that time a newly introduced item from Ruger. I got to know Tommy, and his wife was suffering from cancer. After her death I lost track of Tommy, believe he moved to Kentucky.

Here is a photo of his early work on a Bisley, he polished up the action, polished the loafing gate bright, and fitted scrimshawed polymer grips.

I believe the same gun, but with the barrel cut to 5 1/2" and frame case hardened by Doug Turnbull, posed with Skeeter Skelton's Bisley:

Here is a .32 Magnum with his touches, grips by Roy Fishpaw. This was made up for a Ruger Collector's Association banquet as the main prize, selling price to go to RCA:

Bob Wright
67stingray

Re: Some Bisleys...............

Post by 67stingray »

That's some nice work, beautiful Bisleys, thanks for sharing.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Nice!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Bob, those are some good looking Bisleys. I like the feel of the Bisley, I have a few in my collection but I need to get one I can customize.

O M CRAZY