those Buckeye Blackhawks ??

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
Mohavesam

those Buckeye Blackhawks ??

Post by Mohavesam »

8-) and so I'm "down" to my last pair of Buckeye Blackhawks. probably the nicest non-matching pair... :|
the last such pair brought a guy great joy and he walked away $1700 lighter. I wouldn't sell a pair for less. not in boxes, unturned etc.
I was saving the last ones for a couple final mountain hunts - but alas, it looks like that won't happen.

guess my question is are these (the 32 and 40) guns still sought after? are they keeping value better than most Rugers (adjusted for inflation)?

All my ruger single actions shoot at least two chamberings! Ruger convertibles just rule.
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops:
Ironhawk

Re: those Buckeye Blackhawks ??

Post by Ironhawk »

To answer your question the last I saw 1200.00 to 1500.00 is going price for each.
But no telling how long that will last in current administration.
Mohavesam

Post by Mohavesam »

:oops: we are also bound by the reality of inflation...

retailed for approximately $549 in 1986-87, that is @ $1290-1300 USD today.
Soo... an ANIB (100%) example selling for less today would actually have LOST value! :?

that just seems wrong.

-and I did see those for much less just a few years ago. should have bought a couple more and just shot the cabbage out of them?

anyone selling?
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops:
DaddyO66

Post by DaddyO66 »

Last week I picked up a matched pair. Boxes, manuals no shipping sleeves. They have slight turn rings on the cylinder. They were on consignment and they shop had a new owner so no info on the gun owner. I paid $2550 for the pair.
Since I've been looking for this pair for a while and my checkbook was in alignment with the stars I bought them. Dont think I got robbed or a smoking deal.
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
chet15

Post by chet15 »

For those interested in such things... that box label is original.
for the .32-20's the first guns were marked SSM6X as a Single-Six and had normal looking box labels with that on them as well as an "SSM6X" sleeve stamp.
Then they thought... hey... that's not a Single-Six! It is a Blackhawk! So then there was a small transition period of these small white rectangular box label stickers before the S3220 labels came out marked as Blackhawk.
610-00120 is correct for that label. I've estimated maybe 100 guns shipped with this small white rectangular label.
Chet15
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

Chad,
Thanks for the info on a 3rd label variation.
Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man