Ruger Vaquero Special Edition?

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
Shark Bait

Ruger Vaquero Special Edition?

Post by Shark Bait »

I am seeking info about this "Special Edition" Ruger Vaquero that I bought a while back. It is the older heavy frame Vaquero with a 5.5 inch barrel, CCH frame, steel grip frame, and cylinders for both .45LC and .45ACP. I have done internet searches and so far have only found a few stainless guns like this one that were a run of 500 guns for Davidsons. I called Davidsons and they don't have a record of this gun. I am waiting to hear back from Talo. All Ruger will tell me is that was made for a distributor. I'm hopping you guys can provide me some info on it. Like how many were made and for which distributor. The Ruger site shows it was made in 2001. I appreciate any info you can provide. Pics below.

flattop44

Re: Ruger Vaquero Special Edition?

Post by flattop44 »

The RENE Reference of Ruger Firearms, Vol. 1 says that Davidsons had a tad over 1,000 made in that barrel length.
Bill
Shark Bait

Post by Shark Bait »

Thanks Bill. Any thoughts as to what I should ask for it if I were to sell it?
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Good looking revolver!
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

That's a good looking revolver. The distributor specials always have something a little different, and most of the time they are better looking than the standard factory guns.
Don't sell it collect more or the Vaqueros. They are great guns and come in many variations.
O M CRAZY
Shark Bait

Post by Shark Bait »

A stainless steel version of this gun sold last night on GB for $2150! Holy cow!
Ironhawk

Post by Ironhawk »

I got mine for just over a grand in Feb.