A nice pair of Maximums

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
67stingray

A nice pair of Maximums

Post by 67stingray »

Just a heads up anyone looking for a couple of nice .357 Maximums. They're not a steal but good addition to any collection.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/892444937
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Coogs

Re: A nice pair of Maximums

Post by Coogs »

Saw those.....I think the price is a little high for a starting bid......granted, I like to see those kind of prices, but......they were probably manufactured in Jan-Feb of 1983.......you can tell by the Bar Code end labels they did not ship until much later......2004 to be exact......bar codes didn't come around at Ruger until sometime in the early to mid 90's I believe......Jack.
chet15

Post by chet15 »

Since they were shipped late, do you suppose that pair was retro'd with new barrels having the squared off forcing cone?
Chet15
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

I would think that is possible, but.......I have a consecutive pair in the 11,000 range in the same boxes with same labels that shipped around the same date as well as a single gun that has inventory stickers up through 2005. I'll have to take a look at them. But this creates another question. Ruger supposedly change the forcing cone from 5* to 11* sometime during production.....or did they? And if the did, when during production? Or was it changed after production was stopped and in stock, completed guns were retrofitted? So many questions........so little time......Jack