NR-5F Single-Six without New Model stamping

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
67stingray

NR-5F Single-Six without New Model stamping

Post by 67stingray »

Ran across this on Gunbroker, it's a NM Single-Six convertible without the NM lettering on the right side of the cylinder frame. Also the serial number does not add up for being 1994. I don't doubt it's a '94, it has the cardboard box and if I'm not mistaken they changed to the plastic box in 1995. I just haven't seen this before, anybody know what's happening with it? Here's the link: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/907776896
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
67stingray

Re: NR-5F Single-Six without New Model stamping

Post by 67stingray »

I found the answer thanks to R.E.N.E., the serial number is right for the Fixed-sight Single-sixes. Around 900 of this rollmark variation made, price seems high to me.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Ironhawk

Post by Ironhawk »

Been noticing around that time and four to five years between many different models have odd markings and past production sales with test firing bullets dated past cut off dates, is this around the time they moved from south port to new port , and left over parts or new parts, ? I had a old model vaquero with new parts on it with a 2010 test fire bullet envelope, warning rollmark under barrel, new grips with sr madlons and in new Ruger box, also old and new manuals. So I don't know if that's what happened but it makes sense.
chet15

Post by chet15 »

Ironhawk wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:24 am Been noticing around that time and four to five years between many different models have odd markings and past production sales with test firing bullets dated past cut off dates, is this around the time they moved from south port to new port , and left over parts or new parts, ? I had a old model vaquero with new parts on it with a 2010 test fire bullet envelope, warning rollmark under barrel, new grips with sr madlons and in new Ruger box, also old and new manuals. So I don't know if that's what happened but it makes sense.
Ruger's move from Southport to Newport happened in 1991.
Chet15