The Red Felt Cylinder Bag

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
arcticruger

The Red Felt Cylinder Bag

Post by arcticruger »

Curious, when or what year did the Single-Six convertibles stop coming with the red felt bag for the extra cylinder?
67stingray

Re: The Red Felt Cylinder Bag

Post by 67stingray »

Pretty sure that happened when they went to the plastic box in around 1995.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

Thanks! :)
rugerguy

Post by rugerguy »

I believe it was sooner, as when they came out with the one piece fold up yellow and black boxes, they put a slotted cutout for the spare cylinders in the corner of the inside liner, bend it down to fit the cylinder , and in the beginning they were in the red bag, then started using the bubble wrap envelope( wrapper)bag, whatever you want to call it, keeping it from rolling around in with the gun...Chet15 should have a more definitive time period....may be more as to just the different models did or come with......I just remeber old models and the new model red/white fold up boxes, the spare cylinder was in a bag, in a box, brown or white cardboard........22's small ones,,,,the Blackhawks larger with a box to check off which caliber ............
chet15

Post by chet15 »

Yeah, I think about the 1982/1983 time period
They had run out of red bags when the earliest conversion kits were being installed, and at that time we were getting guns back that had the extra cylinder in an orange bag, and a green bag. There were several different colors "used up" right at the end. Brown was another color.
Chet15
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

Thanks Interesting info. I did know about about the different color bags.
rugerguy

Post by rugerguy »

yes, even blue bags that were originally used for the No. One rifle rings............
JussBad

Post by JussBad »

At some point in the "early" days they sent out extra cylinders in a un-marked cardboard box.
Attachments
Ruger Box Early Cylinder Box.jpg
chet15

Post by chet15 »

rugerguy wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:10 pm yes, even blue bags that were originally used for the No. One rifle rings.........…
And M77
chet15

Post by chet15 »

JussBad wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:59 am At some point in the "early" days they sent out extra cylinders in a un-marked cardboard box.
Is that an RSS4X 18xxxx range?
Yeah... first on I'd ever seen, received a NIB XR3 RSS4X from a big Minnesota antique firearms dealer in the mid 1980's. It had one of those custom cut extra cylinder boxes... figured there was no way that was correct. Ever since then one shows up every once in a while.
WBR probably told somebody to use up the leftover BKH-30 and BKH-40 shipping sleeve cardboard.
Chet15