Prototype Bisley Single-Six

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
chet15

Prototype Bisley Single-Six

Post by chet15 »

Before it goes out into cyberspace forever, thought I would post the link to a prototype Bisley-Single-Six that just sold on Ruger auctions.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/937297244

Note the cylinder has a different engraving pattern on it (No Bisley Shooter motif). And the gun is about 5,000 earlier than the first produced regular production guns.
Chet15
T.A. Workman

Re: Prototype Bisley Single-Six

Post by T.A. Workman »

That was a steal IMHO.
Wish I had seen it, I usually follow all the Ruger auctions on GB but missed this one. :(
Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
arcticruger

Post by arcticruger »

Wow, very cool piece!

I didn’t know Ruger had auctions on GB.
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

I missed it too, that was a steal.
Bill
chet15

Post by chet15 »

Besides the unusual rollmark on the cylinder this gun also has a checkered hammer spur, not knurled in lateral lines like all Ruger SA’s. The sides of the hammer and trigger are in the white, the grips were probably hand fitted as each panel has the last three digits of the serial number marked on the back with a sharpie and the inside of the grip fram under the grip panels have no founder’s marks (it is an investment cast frame).
Oh yes, the finish is higher polish than normal, like the earliest Vaquero style Single Sixes.
gunsbam45

Post by gunsbam45 »

There were a few of them in different calibers. There was a .44 and .45 large frame with the same markings on the cylinder also. Most of them had the lug in the bottom of the grip frame for a lock cable.
chet15

Post by chet15 »

Yes indeed!
There was also a prototype .44 Bisley with rollmarked cylinder and 10-1/2" bull barrel. That one predated the other Bisleys that were on auction.
I know the collector who now has all of them in his collection (except the 2nd .22 Bisley).
Chet15
gunsbam45

Post by gunsbam45 »

I forgot about the 10.5. I think it had the silhouette front sight just like the other long barrel supers.