Poor man's RSSE

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
Ruger8r

Poor man's RSSE

Post by Ruger8r »

Yes, I believe that's how they were described on Lipseys' website. Couldn't pass this one up at way less than the MSRP of $999. These came out right about when I started getting into Ruger collecting and I remember complaints about the high price and laments that they didn't make them with a drift-adjustable rear sight. I believe that it represents the very last model of the fixed-sight Single-Sixes, although there may have been other special editions later (update: the NR5F is still in limited production). With its unique features and production limited to 150 (the first 100 were engraved), the gun is great looking and collectable. Some photos:
pix565124849.jpg
pix029543034.jpg
pix847074323.jpg
pix211181016(1).jpg
Last edited by Ruger8r on Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
arcticruger

Re: Poor man's RSSE

Post by arcticruger »

Very nice! An excellent addition to any collection!
Dobegrant

Post by Dobegrant »

Very nice, congratulations on the find.
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Nice!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
rpm enterprises

Post by rpm enterprises »

Here you go, one of each.
Attachments
20190814_151805.jpg
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Yowzah! That's the ticket. Super nice!
Numbers 34 and 134 for the numerically inclined.
Thanks for putting the pair up here - I was hoping someone would post an engraved one.
It's interesting that my grips look like the ones on the engraved gun.
Wonder who has number 70?
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Bobby Tyler did a great job on these RSSEs. Great guns.
Bill
chet15

Post by chet15 »

There are variations of the standard blue model (overrun).
Some have premium walnut panels and others are straight grain. Some have black eagle medallons and some have silver eagle medallions. And most I believe have the poor fitting "thick slab" of wood at the front of the panel while a few were slimmed down to match the side of the frame.
Also heard through the grapevine that there is one gun that was fitted with a pair of oak panels.
Chet15
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

So, looks like mine has the premium walnut panels with silver eagles, the rims of which look marred in the photos (I won't see it for a couple weeks). The emblems on other Ruger single six panels I have bought recently have similar flaws. You'd think, though, that someone would hand-select for QC on these guns. The black eagles look great. Happy to have this handsome fixed-sight Six. Was this the last model of those ever shipped?
06dilly

Post by 06dilly »

If anyone is looking this one keeps circling on GB. His start is $650 and it's going around just now for what is at least the third time. SN is RSSE-0161. I paid a fair bit more for mine. This one looks cheap, just don't need another unless it's #082 to match my Bobby Tyler version.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/970190134

TomD