Any reason not to modify this Super Blackhawk?

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
3000fps

Any reason not to modify this Super Blackhawk?

Post by 3000fps »

Recently, I picked up this Super Blackhawk 44, it belonged to a friend who passed away, and would like to get the frame case colored and different grips put on it. I saw a picture of a Ruger single action on one of the forums that had this done to it and liked the looks. My question is: is there any reason not to do this? I believe it's a relatively late model (85-44xxx) and doubt it's rare or have any collectors interest. I'm attempting to post pictures. Thanks
flattop44

Re: Any reason not to modify this Super Blackhawk?

Post by flattop44 »

Shoot yeah, get it cased colored like you want it. It is a new model gun and I would not suspect that it is highly collectible. It should really look good. Be sure to post before and after pictures.
FT44
3000fps

Post by 3000fps »

Thanks, I will if I can figure out how to post pictures
Skipshot

Post by Skipshot »

The new Turnbull Super Blackhawk has the case colored frame, and it's a beauty; ( I recently got one). They're only making a thousand of them, but they may still be available. I believe they're a distributor's exclusive, but they are listed on the Ruger factory site.
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Being a "New Model" I doubt it has any collectors value so go ahead and get all the custom work done that you want. You might check with Tyler Gun Works, Bobby is one of our members and he does some really nice work at reasonable prices.

Love to see some before and after pictures!

O M CRAZY