SP 101. J frame holster’s

Includes the Six Series, Red Hawks, Super Redhawks, GP100s and SP101s.
david knutson

SP 101. J frame holster’s

Post by david knutson »

Can anybody tell me if a 101 will fit in a J frame holster I’m pretty sure it’ll go the other way as far as a J frame and a 101 would it be a little bit loose thank you David
67stingray

Re: SP 101. J frame holster’s

Post by 67stingray »

David I use a Azula J frame holster for my Kimber K6s and also at times carry a SP101 in it. Both revolvers fit well without a fear of coming out by accident but no problem at all with drawing from it, just the right tension for me.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
david knutson

Post by david knutson »

Thank you I went ahead and bought a shoemaker holster for a J frame was hoping my SP would fit in it should be here anytime
hittman

Post by hittman »

I'm thinking the SP is more the size of the Colt Detective ..... bigger than the J frame.
4t5

Post by 4t5 »

My Don Hume holster accepts either but not with the fiber optic front sight(too tall). I'd like to correct myself, the holster is marked sp101 and the j frame fits in it, not sure if a j frame marked holster takes a sp'
rugerguy

Post by rugerguy »

many holsters will interchange and work, BUT the SP is quite a bit larger than the 'J' frame if that holster is 'custom" FIT.......wet it ( the holster) and wrap a plastic bag around the gun, and force it in, just may work.....done that many times over the years......