Found a LCR with a copper colored cylinder

Includes the Six Series, Red Hawks, Super Redhawks, GP100s and SP101s.
Charlie1022

Found a LCR with a copper colored cylinder

Post by Charlie1022 »

I stopped by a Cabela's in KY on the way home from Florida yesterday and found a used LCR that had a copper colored cylinder which I had not seen before. It had a 1541 prefix serial number. It had no box to get a model #. Has anyone heard of these or seen any other different colored models. They said that they checked and it was shipped that way from Ruger.
Charlie1022
Charlie1022
Coogs

Re: Found a LCR with a copper colored cylinder

Post by Coogs »

saw one last weekend at a LGS that was running a two day Ruger sale. Had a Ruger Rep there, Brady Dinsmore, had some good conversation with him.Sorry, didn't pay that much attention to the LCR. Coogs.
chet15

Post by chet15 »

Ruger made these for one of their retailer programs...might have been the 2016 winter retailer program (don't have my notes in front of me at the moment). There were two different models, one with hammer and one hammerless.
Chet15
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

The one I saw was hammerless and was in 38 special +P. That is why I find it fun checking out gun store and shows. You just never know what you will find.
Charlie1022
Charlie1022
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Charlie...the gun store down the street from me has a copper colored cyl. one in his display case. I don't know the cal., I can check if you want a pair?

O M CRAZY
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

I am not collecting these but wanted to make anyone that was considering collecting the LCR aware of something new. It is always easier to keep up with new models when they are first issued instead of trying to find them n the aftermarket I have found.
Charlie1022
Charlie1022