New GP100 10MM

Includes the Six Series, Red Hawks, Super Redhawks, GP100s and SP101s.
Watertender

Re: New GP100 10MM

Post by Watertender »

As my old hillbilly buddy used to say.... "Raght Nace Tushie Boar"...... Looks like your 10mm was the perfect medicine to pacify that one.... Wild boar can be one mean animal.... My uncle's buddy used to use his beat up Ruger Bearcat to butcher hogs but I think you had a better advantage with your 10mm.... All you might do with a Bearcat is whiz the thing off as the round bounced off the forehead...
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Ron, this was the first time in my life that I've had a gun hit the mud like that. The first thing that I did when we returned to camp was to remove the grips and run it under the sink. I couldn't even get the moon clip out of it before the water rinse. That clay/mud down there has a way of getting into everything so once I got home it got another bath in my Hornady hot tub sonic cleaner. After that and some rem oil, she's functioning flawlessly. Be glad that you don't have those hogs at your place even though they are incredibly fun to hunt and quite intelligent. They tear up everything, eat all the corn, run the deer off, carry disease, and are just nasty. I probably wouldn't eat a boar much larger than that though as the gaminess of the meat can be quite strong when they are full of that testosterone. Watertender, you're correct that they can be very violent and are armored. When I approached the trap he decided that he wanted a piece of me and began hitting it over and over with a fury and power hard to describe. He bent the bars in a few places before I got the shot.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
radicalrod

Post by radicalrod »

Chuck he knew what was coming and didn't want to go without a fight.....

Can't say I blame him.....I might do the same....RR