Consecutive s/n pair

Includes the Six Series, Red Hawks, Super Redhawks, GP100s and SP101s.
RoninPA

Re: Consecutive s/n pair

Post by RoninPA »

Michael,
If you look at my picture, you'll see the bottom PSS ejector rod housing front is a pretty steep slope where the top one has a more gentle slope to it. That is the difference and we're trying to find where the change was made (serial number). My next post will be my egg on the face post :oops:
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

To all the Six series collectors - I have a confession, I screwed up big time. :oops:

That picture is not my consecutive s/n pair, I grabbed the wrong photo when I posted it. My consecutives are 161-86384 and 161-86385. The one with the "old" style ejector rod housing, as far as I can determine is a 158 s/n (I sold it, I had 3 and after I found out I had consecutive s/n's I kept them and sold the "odd man out").

I bought one of the 161's on Gunbroker back in early 2012, then the 158 in late 2012 from the same seller on GB. At the Harrisburg show in 2013 that seller was there and Contender saw one like my others and I got it. It was the other 161 s/n. I had refurbished the other two prior to buying that one and then refurbished it. When I was logging them in my Ruger log with the info that's when I noticed the consecutive serial numbers. The photo that I posted was taken after I had refurbed the first two and I mistakenly grabbed it when I started the thread to test my posting of pictures. I have the consecutive's under glass on display in my gun shop and that made me mistakenly state those in the picture were consecutive's.

So I guess the hunt is still on for the cutoff s/n of the "old" ERH. :o I am sorry about the confusion this may have caused. :oops: :oops:
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

I heard one of them is in 17HMR but that is only a rumor... That is a fine pair of Police Service Sixes for sure. From the condition you got them in to how they look now is amazing. They were scrawled with very poor engraving ala penetentiary which is normal for most prisons. The one I worked in used to serial number screwdriver bits & scraper blades so I have seen it in action. Many years ago in a suburban department a friend of mine served on there was a matched set of commeorative revolvers worth $7500 found in a burglars possession. The detective taking them in for evidence used a carbide scribe to engrave his initials on both revolvers turning 2 pieces worth $7500 into 2 shooters worth maybe $1000 tops..... The owner was royally whizzed off to say the least... Some people could screw up a crowbar in a sandbox as my father used to say....
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
MinorLV

Post by MinorLV »

Thank you all for the education!