How late into 1988 did Ruger make Six Series revolvers?

Includes the Six Series, Red Hawks, Super Redhawks, GP100s and SP101s.
Stonebuster

How late into 1988 did Ruger make Six Series revolvers?

Post by Stonebuster »

Does anyone know what month in 1988 Ruger actually stopped production of the six series revolvers? What's the highest serial number you've seen on one. I'm curious how close to the end my Speed Six (GS-83) was manufactured. It was produced June 1988 and shipped in December 1988 per Ruger letter. The serial number is 162-4266X. I've seen a few with higher serial numbers. I've wondered when in 1988 Ruger actually stopped production and how long after that did they keep shipping them. I realize it may be difficult to answer, but I thought if anyone would know it would be someone here.
RoninPA

Re: How late into 1988 did Ruger make Six Series revolvers?

Post by RoninPA »

I would think you would need the highest s/n Six series and then ask customer service if they could tell you the production date. I can't think of any other way to determine that.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
chet15

Post by chet15 »

162-54700 is the highest I've noted.
Chet15
hittman

Post by hittman »

Interesting info .... this thread made me check my double actions to see if a very late one lives here.

Nope! Nothing past 161-xxxxx for me.
Mohavesam

Post by Mohavesam »

IIRC, the Security Six was the first to be cancelled, with the Service Six closely behind. The short-barrelled Speed Six was the last to be made, with the last meaningful engineering revisions made in 1984. Subsequent changes were largely cosmetic options.
The last Speed Sixes came in waves, with more than a couple parts-cleanup batches.
Note that for a time, the GP100 and the Speed Six were made or at least assembled/shipped at the same time.
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops: