Low back grips

Includes the Six Series, Red Hawks, Super Redhawks, GP100s and SP101s.
4t5

Low back grips

Post by 4t5 »

I have a security six with a low back grip frame, prefix is 151, question is , are there after market grips available for this, or am I looking at something like a TYLER T GRIP? The problem I'm having is my middle finger getting rapped by the trigger guard.
RoninPA

Re: Low back grips

Post by RoninPA »

To start, a low back frame with a 151- prefix serial number is somewhat rare, at the change over point between the low back and high back frames, they put together what was in the bins and then put the serial numbers on. There are high back frames with 150- prefixes (typically low back frames) and low back frames with 151- prefixes (typically high back frames) like yours, so you do have something "special".

The low back frames did not have many after market grips made, normally they were Jay Scott and Herretts. IIRC both did make "oversized" grips. I would check eBay and Gunbroker or some of the other auction sights.

If you're interested in making a set of custom grips, I have a set of Herretts, Zebra wood, oversized, that are not finished. They are inleted correctly for the low back frame, you just have to shape them anyway you want. If you're interested I can make you a pretty good deal on them. You can PM or reply and I'll dig up the pictures of them. Edit - these have been sold.
Last edited by RoninPA on Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
4t5

Post by 4t5 »

I recently purchased a set from TEXAS GRIPS , mesquite wood, they fit perfect if you’re interested !
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

4t5 - thanks for the info. I'll have to check them out, always good to find a supplier for the low back grips.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron