American 6.5 Grendel

Includes .44 & 10/22 Carbines; Mini-14, 30 & 6.8; Model 96 & 99/44 Deerfields; M77s; PC 4s & 9s; AC-556; MP9; XGI.
Big Old Boy

American 6.5 Grendel

Post by Big Old Boy »

I was at my favorite toy store today and saw a 6.5 Grendel in an American predator. I had no idea these were coming out, less recoil than a 308 with similar ballistics what a great idea.
Rugerologist

Re: American 6.5 Grendel

Post by Rugerologist »

Did you bring it home?
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Big Old Boy

Post by Big Old Boy »

Not yet!!
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Big Old Boy wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:20 pm I was at my favorite toy store today and saw a 6.5 Grendel in an American predator. I had no idea these were coming out, less recoil than a 308 with similar ballistics what a great idea.
I was at my favorite store today and asked them if they had any oddball Rugers. The guy snapped his fingers and handed me the green 6.5 Grendel American. He then told me that he wouldn't sell it to me. Oh? He said, check it out. The bolt is too loose but also snags up in a couple of places while manipulating it. You cannot close the bolt with an empty magazine inserted either. I worked the accurately described very terrible bolt a few times and handed it back to him. It's still on the shelf. Those Americans.....I just don't know.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Big Old Boy

Post by Big Old Boy »

They should have just sent it back to Ruger. All of mine and others I have talked to are great shooters my 300 BO and the 6.5 Creadmore are both moa.
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

I have a .22 Mag rim fire, 556 and a 6.5 Creed and they function great and shoot wrest. They should definitely send it back...quality control was asleep at the switch that day.
Bill