New Ruger PC Carbine!

Includes .44 & 10/22 Carbines; Mini-14, 30 & 6.8; Model 96 & 99/44 Deerfields; M77s; PC 4s & 9s; AC-556; MP9; XGI.
LIBERTY FOREVER

Re: New Ruger PC Carbine!

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

I agree the .45 would be awesome as well as the .40 I think Ruger will find enough of a market that they run all three.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

I would be surprised if Ruger came with a .40 version of this carbine. The .40 right now is on a downward spiral as far as SALES go in the market. Not saying it's a bad cartridge, just saying it is all about $$$ in corprate America. With the leaps in bullet development of the 9mm and the capacity of a double stack mag in semi-auto pistols the 9mm is what the public is buying right now. The 9 is so popular now even the LCR comes in 9mm with use of moon clips.....why bother get the 357 in my opinion. The 10mm seems to be making a comeback. Interesting to see how far it goes.
I still think the ISB forend for this 9mm carbine would be awesome!

JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

I found the first one I had seen today at a gun show here in Florida and danged if it just had to follow me home. Can't wait to take it to the range to try it out!
Charlie1022
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Dang it Charlie.... I WANT ONE.
You could fall in a bucket of Sh*t and come out smellin' like
a Red Dot Rose !!!!!
Good for you.
Cheers,
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Forgot to mention the serial number is 1129 on this new one. Anyone have one with a lower number?
Charlie1022
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

None have shown up around here to even look at! I felt fortunate to get a photo from you. Perhaps you'll share some here. Oh, and a review!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Charlie1022 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:18 am Forgot to mention the serial number is 1129 on this new one. Anyone have one with a lower number?
Yeah, I bought one in the 900s. Got mine from KY Gun Co, they said they have about 50 of them in stock, as of last week.
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Great article in the February 2018 American Rifleman. The cover photo is RUGER'S TRUSTY 9MM COMPANIONS. The photo is of the the PC Carbine and Security-9 Pistol. The author opines that it was logical in the 19th century for Cowboys to pack a pistol and lever action chambered in the same caliber typically a rimmed cartridge in .44-40 Winchester or something similar to consolidate ammunition. In many current self defense environments it stands to reason that a carbine and sidearm in the same caliber makes just as much sense today as it did then. The author Brian Sheetz, Senior Executive Editor further states that Ruger has finally crossed the finish line of common sense in that three of its current 9mm pistol magazines are accepted by the new Ruger PC Carbine, to include the American, the Security 9 and the SR series which by the way aren't all interchangeable. This wasn't the case case with the last Ruger Carbine system. The new Ruger PC Carbine is a take down unit similar to the 10-22 barrel unlock and it comes with its own 17 round magazine or state compliant magazine and will accept the now ubiquitous Glock pattern magazine as well as the three aforementioned pistol magazines. The article starts on page 42 and is a 6 page article with complete illustrations on the the Ruger PC Carbine and its specifications and shooting results. The successive article covers the new Security-9 and its specifications to include its useful tie to the PC or as a stand alone self defense item from Ruger. I believe I will be purchasing one of each when the time is right for this ROCS member....

Best ,
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Received my Rifleman today and instantly read the article once I saw the cover. I'm quite certain that I'll put them both on the ever-growing list.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

I wanted one when I first heard about/saw them, my interest later diminshed, but the review in American Rifleman renewed my interest. Gonna get one when I find one online cheap.