Out of Jail

Includes .44 & 10/22 Carbines; Mini-14, 30 & 6.8; Model 96 & 99/44 Deerfields; M77s; PC 4s & 9s; AC-556; MP9; XGI.
JAYDAWG

Out of Jail

Post by JAYDAWG »

I like my 10-22's and I like my suppressors, so in Dec 2016 I decided to build my own Take Down with a Gemtech TD suppressed barrel.
My FFL sent my trust paper work & application for my stamp to BATFE in Jan '17.
October '17 he gets it back denied. A phone call to BATFE reveals while I can still register it to my trust (like my 4 previous cans had been)
the rules had changed and anyone connected to the trust had to send in fingerprints & a photo with the application. The reason I created the trust was to avoid doing this every time I bought a suppressor. So, the trust now being useless, we resubmitted an application for individual ownership.
SO.......The approval and my stamp came this week and my FFL was able to get it out of his safe and now it's in mine.
I bought a receiver and a Tactical Solutions bull barrel stock 18 months ago and finally got to put it all together today!! :D
Stuck a cheap red dot on it and just got done sighting it in.
The spent brass hitting the side of my garage make more noise than the shot. To much fun! 8-)
Here's some pics.
Cheers,
JAY
Attachments
SAM_0680.JPG
SAM_0686.JPG
SAM_0687.JPG
SAM_0691.JPG
SAM_0688.JPG
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
T.A. Workman

Re: Out of Jail

Post by T.A. Workman »

Sweet set up!! I know what you mean by jail,,,took 11 months to get my stamp.
Enjoy,, ;) :D

Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

I like it, good looking rig. Sad we have to go through what we do to get a suppressor. My last two took 10 months.
Bill
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Makes me want one even more now Jay!
Charlie1022
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Looking good, Jay! So hard to wait for that process to play out and the trust issue affected a lot of people. For years, it's the route everyone was taking. These items make for good neighbors, less sound pollution in the woods and at ranges, and are great tools when working with first-time shooters afraid of the noise and recoil. They just make sense in a lot of ways and I think the process should be re-thought and the items re-classified. I don't care about the fingerprints, cost, or paperwork. It's the dang wait that is so bothersome. We average 9 months here.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber