Need picatinny rail on 10/22 takedown.

Includes .44 & 10/22 Carbines; Mini-14, 30 & 6.8; Model 96 & 99/44 Deerfields; M77s; PC 4s & 9s; AC-556; MP9; XGI.
ruger
Site Admin

Need picatinny rail on 10/22 takedown.

Post by ruger »

For a Bi-Pod, short of crazy glue is chopping a wood stock the best option is there some other replacement out there. (and won't cost a fortune)
gunman42782

Re: Need picatinny rail on 10/22 takedown.

Post by gunman42782 »

The easiest thing to do would be to install a sling swivel stud and use a Harris type bipod.
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

I have used a couple fo these and like them. You need to have a swivel stud on the gun already.
JAY

www.ebay.com/itm/Rifle-Sling-Swivel-Stu ... rk:47:pf:0
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I noticed some or the LRP shooters using bipods mounted directly to their barrels while watching some competition shooting the other day on TV. I couldn't tell what maker they were using (I prefer Atlas Bipods but they get on up there in price) but the setup was something like this. https://www.recreationid.com/utg/new-ge ... ZHEALw_wcB
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
ruger
Site Admin

Post by ruger »

A swing swivel stud would be the best, I guess I'll be just drilling me a hole and screwing it in.

I've seen the barrel mounted bipod's I just don't like them.

thanks
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

The more I think about it I wouldn't ever use one. Those they were using may have just appeared to be on the barrel. Many of them were using equipment that I've never seen. I can't see one clamped to a barrel doing anything but affecting accuracy negatively.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber