Another value question Boddington

No. 1 and No. 3
Notangorancho

Another value question Boddington

Post by Notangorancho »

I have one of the Boddington African adventure series rifles that was left to me by a very good friend. It is a number four Leopard in 7x57. It's a lovely rifle ,very gently used, in extremely nice condition. Serial number cb4 00105 It has the quick release rings and an older 1.5 to 4.5 scope. No iron sights and looks as though none have ever been installed. A few tiny "Safe Marks on the stock" . perfect metal.

I have a friend that would like to buy it but I have no idea how to price it to him. I don't want to over charge him but would like to get fair value for the rifle. Any idea what I might ask him for it? Mike
Hawkeye28

Re: Another value question Boddington

Post by Hawkeye28 »

SIXTEEN
Notangorancho

Post by Notangorancho »

Thanks Hawkeye.

Post by 021 »

I believe that model is a 1A, and came with iron sights. Might want to check on that.
Notangorancho

Post by Notangorancho »

I'm sorry for the mistake. It did come with the ivory bead front site but no rear sight. At least the dovetail has no marks in it that would be made by installing the rear sight.

Post by 021 »

That particular rifle should have a fixed rear sight unlike the folding one on the other number ones. And of course, an ivory bead front. I don’t believe they came any other way. Wouldn’t make sense to have a front sight and no rear. The front sights are still available through Ruger, but the rear sight is no longer available. I have been told though that it may be made by Williams sights and you might find one there.