A recent surprise

No. 1 and No. 3
Rugerologist

A recent surprise

Post by Rugerologist »

A good friend of mine works behind the counter of a local gun shop. I purchase my share of Rugers through him. Sometime last year he called me and asked me a question. It was, if you had a choice between a Ruger Scout or a No. 1 what would you choose? Already having a Gunsite Scout and being interested in the No. 1's I didn't hesitate to say No. 1. I didn't know it at the time but I had just chosen a gift for myself. You see, he was earning promo points through the Ruger 4R rewards program and had enough in part I'll admit because of me to get this beautiful No. 1 in 257 Roberts. I love the Mannlicher and he even made sure to save me the shipping container and paperwork. Many things that I own I shoot. This one, I'll never fire. I hope you guys like it!
Attachments
IMG_0457.JPG
IMG_0456.JPG
IMG_0453.JPG
IMG_0451.JPG
IMG_0450.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Re: A recent surprise

Post by Rugerologist »

A few follow ups.
Attachments
IMG_0455.JPG
IMG_0454.JPG
IMG_0460.JPG
IMG_0459.JPG
IMG_0458.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

very nice RSI,,,being a no 1 fanatic myself, you made an outstanding choice. Going to have to my local dealer why he's never given me such a gift!!!
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Thank you! Have you tried taking your guy hunting? In all seriousness, we're pretty good buddies and I frequent the counter.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Very nice score!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I've no experience with the 257 Roberts but it looks like a great cartridge. This is the only rifle in the caliber that I own. Had a pick up a few boxes of ammo even though I never plan to shoot her....you never know! The way I see it every rifle needs some rounds just in case.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Very nice, and you got the whole package.

O M CRAZY
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Thank you, sir! I was very happy that he had the foresight to save the shipping box. He said that they almost threw it out before he jumped into action for me. Good dude.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber