Ruger / Heym

No. 1 and No. 3
zebra55

Ruger / Heym

Post by zebra55 »

Interesting gun for sale on GB. Never seen one before other than the Clayton book.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/764803736
Attachments
pix433972238.jpg
Ruger1nut

Re: Ruger / Heym

Post by Ruger1nut »

This is the first I have seen this model. Most of the ones we see in the US are the higher grade, engraved rifles.

I have owned a couple and wish I still had one. Price is not too bad in my opinion given how little you see them.

Might be a tad high for this model but time will tell!!

R1N
Ruger1nut

Post by Ruger1nut »

Just read the ad. this one may cost me some $$ Most that are seen here are the 30-06 and 270 rifles. I have been looking for a 6.5 and a 9.3..

R1N
ElNumeroUno

Post by ElNumeroUno »

I have only seen a few in the US. Not sure how many were ever made; about all I know is in the Clayton Ruger No.1 book.They were made from the Action Only and most probably stayed in Europe. Personally, I do not care much for the European styling of the buttstock. I much prefer the way Len Brownell designed the No.1 stock!
El Numero Uno
Serious Collector of Early & Rare Ruger No.1 Rifles
www.classicsportingarms.com
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

Well it's definitely got that Euro feel to it.
gewehrfreund

Post by gewehrfreund »

Ruger1nut wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:03 am This is the first I have seen this model. Most of the ones we see in the US are the higher grade, engraved rifles.

I have owned a couple and wish I still had one. Price is not too bad in my opinion given how little you see them.

Might be a tad high for this model but time will tell!!

R1N
Well Dave, I don't think that price is all that bad given the scarcity of these rifles in general here in the US, the unusual (for us) chambering, the Mannlicher stock, and the fact that it comes with an appropriate scope and mount (look at what that alone would cost at NECG and it will raise your hair!!!).
The one I got from Tom S. last year is the HR38N, with the octagon barrel and engraved receiver, but I pulled my hair out finding a set of rings that would fit the strange base arrangement that would also get a scope back far enough to be useful.
Ruger1nut

Post by Ruger1nut »

Lance you are correct. Certainly for the 6.5 which I missed the first time.

David
Ruger1nut

Post by Ruger1nut »

Thank you zebra55 (I think :D ) I was able to add this one to the collection

David