Ruger no 1-V target blocks Question

No. 1 and No. 3
Nahanni

Ruger no 1-V target blocks Question

Post by Nahanni »

Can anyone tell me what types of target blocks I would expect to find on a 1-V at the beginning and during the transition years. All of my 1-V of modern vintage of course have Ruger blocks installed in the back and middle and two screws tapped further ahead making them of course drilled for three. I guess what I am saying is a) when you ordered them from Ruger with target blocks back in the day, what kind of blocks did they come with or did you have to specify and b) how many places were they drilled (3 or 2) . I would like to know so that when I see these non prefix BBB, BHB or 130 - XXXXX 1-V I can tell if they have been altered.
rowdy1972

Re: Ruger no 1-V target blocks Question

Post by rowdy1972 »

All non-prefix block guns only had two sets of holes with the exception of a couple prototype guns with three. They all had Unertl type mounts. I believe Ruger went to three sets of holes around 1975-to mid 1976. I have a couple Liberty V barrel guns that only have two sets of holes.
Nahanni

Re: Ruger no 1-V target blocks Question

Post by Nahanni »

rowdy1972 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:11 pm All non-prefix block guns only had two sets of holes with the exception of a couple prototype guns with three. They all had Unertl type mounts. I believe Ruger went to three sets of holes around 1975-to mid 1976. I have a couple Liberty V barrel guns that only have two sets of holes.
Thanks for the info.