No. 1 and No. 3
RocDoc

Lipseys Podcast #8

Post by RocDoc »

Check it out, Lee Newton guest talking Ruger No. 1

https://lipseysguns.com/ruger_no1-leene ... pisodeLink

Re: Lipseys Podcast #8

Post by 021 »

Along about the 38 minute mark they talk about making a 348 Winchester No.1. I am, accordingly, one of the "five" guys that would want a 348. I think they are, to put it politely, "mistaken". Why this classic rimmed cartridge has never been chambered in that rifle is beyond me, especially since we have seen various No.1's in some pretty esoteric rounds, 405 Winchesters, etc. I talked to Jason about making a 23" barrel (if that length barrel has been done before I don't know about it) 1S to make it more collectable also. I think he is afraid to pull the trigger on this one, but I'm betting it would sell in the limited amount they would produce. Alas, I am not holding my breath.
Last edited by 021 on Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveRuger

Post by SteveRuger »

:shock: I would be one of the five Guys on this No.1!
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

I have contacted Jason a few times about a No. 1 in 327 Federal-inspired by the Gen. Mcgee 32 S&W Long. Was reluctant a few years ago. Lispeys is big into the Single 7 327 these days as everyone knows, so maybe they will reconsider. If I have to make one it will be a No. 3.
Nahanni

Post by Nahanni »

For me it would be why not make a 1-S or 1-H in an 8mm (325 cal). Must be some reason why this has never happened.
Bob257

Post by Bob257 »

Speaking for myself that podcast was one of the best I have ever listened to. Very informative and they seemed to be touching on all the subjects that seem to interest me. Being kind of a newbie to collecting and this sight I was in awe.