Ruger 1-S 24inch, 1-AB or 1-AH with target blocks

No. 1 and No. 3
Nahanni

Ruger 1-S 24inch, 1-AB or 1-AH with target blocks

Post by Nahanni »

Why do they only put the target blocks on the 1-V.
I know back at the start blocks instead of quarter rib was an option on the light and medium weight barrels, with either the semi beaver tail or Alexander henry forestock. Maybe somebody with pull should suggest this.
gewehrfreund

Re: Ruger 1-S 24inch, 1-AB or 1-AH with target blocks

Post by gewehrfreund »

That will never happen these days, unless someone comes up with the $$$$$$$ up front to have Ruger do a special run of at least 250 rifles.
The number of shooters who use target scopes, or even know what the target scope blocks are for, is very small (relative to the entire current shooting population) and shrinking fast.

Next dream!
Nahanni

Post by Nahanni »

Yes we can only dream. But hope for the future makes life worth living.
Nahanni

Post by Nahanni »

You dont have to use them for target scopes. They make for very fine mounts and in some ways are better than the quarter rib.
gewehrfreund

Post by gewehrfreund »

Nahanni wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:06 pm You dont have to use them for target scopes. They make for very fine mounts and in some ways are better than the quarter rib.
I'd like to see some pictures of modern (i.e. short) scopes mounted using those target blocks that are spaced 7.25" apart! :shock:

Or maybe I just don't understand, which more and more is a distinct possibility.
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

I think that what he is saying is just putting on the current 1V blocks on a 1s, which are spaced for modern scopes, not the old style Fecker mounts that were on the early guns.. :?:
gewehrfreund

Post by gewehrfreund »

zebra55 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:41 pm I think that what he is saying is just putting on the current 1V blocks on a 1s, which are spaced for modern scopes, not the old style Fecker mounts that were on the early guns.. :?:
On reflection, I suspect you're right. ;)