My Christmas came a little early....

All Ruger Tools
radicalrod

My Christmas came a little early....

Post by radicalrod »

This Ruger Breast Drill just came in the mail.....WOO HOO....I don't hardly watch ebay anymore so when my son informed me about this I decided I would at least watch the auction....well I made one bid at the end and it came to live with the rest of his brothers.....not quite as nice as the pics Donny posted but I am really happy....here are some pics....RR

Rugerologist

Re: My Christmas came a little early....

Post by Rugerologist »

Truly awesome Rod. I was sorry that I couldn't bid on it but am glad to see that you got it. I watched it until the end and am glad I wasn't bidding against ya.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Oh man, that is a great find Radical, way to go!! Happy for ya man!
Bill
radicalrod

Post by radicalrod »

Thanks guys.....it's shaping up to be a GOOD CHRISTMAS.....I musta been a GOOD BOY....RR
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

I saved some coal off the barges if you weren't. My beard is gone but I could still be Santa if needed... Nice Drill! Congrats Rod
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Very nice! :D
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

RR

Its beautiful and I'm so very glad you won it. I was just sure it had slipped away someplace where I wouldnt see a photo of it. I was bidding and on vacation in Gatlinburg TN. It was crawling up and out of my range, I'm thankful it stayed within the ROCS.

As Chuck Cirrhitidae said many posts ago along the lines of; one dislikes when he simply doesn't know whom else is out there bidding, I don't want to run up a bid against a fellow ROCS member. Its often a matter of not absolutely needing it as it is a fear of it getting away from the ROCS community ... or something close if you get where i'm going.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
Ruger44fan

Post by Ruger44fan »

I know who the under bidder was ! I wondered how much I should have bid to have gotten it. I did $910 and you got it for $920 just as I tried to increase my bid to $1,000. Glad another collector got it. I have both types of tube drills and two different pistol grip drills. That was the first breast drill I had ever seen for sale. Congratulations. I still look to find the bit brace and Yankee screwdriver.
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

LIBERTY FOREVER wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:50 am RR
As Chuck Cirrhitidae said many posts ago along the lines of; one dislikes when he simply doesn't know whom else is out there bidding, I don't want to run up a bid against a fellow ROCS member. Its often a matter of not absolutely needing it as it is a fear of it getting away from the ROCS community ... or something close if you get where i'm going.
Sir,
I had to smile when I read the above. Back in 2006 when I had just joined the Ruger Forum I was going to bid on a revolver on Gun Broker but I noticed a forum member was bidding on the gun so I never placed a bid,,,,not wanting to step on another members deal. This happened several times over the year.

One day the subject came up on the Ruger Forum and the consensus was if YOU want the gun or piece memorabilia then BID on it! It's an auction after all No Hard Feelings! So no matter who is bidding if you want it bid like it!! :mrgreen:
Best,
Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
radicalrod

Post by radicalrod »

Ruger44fan wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:34 pm I know who the under bidder was ! I wondered how much I should have bid to have gotten it. I did $910 and you got it for $920 just as I tried to increase my bid to $1,000. Glad another collector got it. I have both types of tube drills and two different pistol grip drills. That was the first breast drill I had ever seen for sale. Congratulations. I still look to find the bit brace and Yankee screwdriver.
Well for the record this was the first one I had a chance to own too....and a $1000 dollar bid just might not have been enough :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: RR