1953 Ruger Paper

Post by d findley »

Anyone have a time machine?
Attachments
1a.jpg
flattop44

Re: 1953 Ruger Paper

Post by flattop44 »

Sure wish I had one. This is a great peice of history.
Bill
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Don, do the factory ever produce the advertised presentation cases? Also, look at the retail prices for stag and ivory grips! Current prices reflect the scarcity of these in collector hands! Thanks for posting. Brass Frame/Lee E
d findley

Post by d findley »

Lee, I'm not sure. I once had one (hard case) without the gold eagle logo. It was made for the Single Six. Here is a picture of a case with red interior??? With Ruger, you never say never.
Attachments
41.jpg
d findley

Post by d findley »

Lee, I'm not sure. I once had one (hard case) without the gold eagle logo. It was made for the Single Six. Here is a picture of a case (dated 1953) with red interior??? With Ruger, you never say never.
Attachments
41.jpg
contender

Post by contender »

A time machine,, and a pocket full of old money,, and I'd be a happy man! :D

I have a copy of that ad with the Single-Six,, but I've never seen one of those boxes.
chet15

Post by chet15 »

BRASS FRAME wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:57 am Don, did the factory ever produce the advertised presentation cases?
Brass Frame/Lee E
Supposedly, the only double case made was for Hugh O'Brian's pair of Jerred Engraved .44 flattops, #500 and 600.
Engraved Single-Sixes were sold in pairs, yes... but I have yet to hear of a pair sent out as such that were not shipped in the single case. In fact, as I remember, there are enough single guns out there that are known that were shipped as pairs that have at least one of the guns with a single case, that a double case like that is a near impossibility. Remember too, that when a distributor ordered a pair with matching numbers at $301, that distributor was left with the prospect of having to sell the two guns in the one case. Whereas if each example of the consecutive was individually cased, it not only was a better value ($16 for each case as opposed to $18 for a double case), but the prospects of a sale for that distributor were so much better.
The only exception might be some of the All blue engraved or Spanish engraved, but I'm not sure any of those late shipped guns even had a case with them... maybe the earliest shipped circa '55 and '56, but the guns that left late, which was most, might have been sold at a discount to the distributor just to get rid of them... therefore, a good reason not to include an expensive case with the sale from Ruger.
Chet15