My Curio Cabinet

All Memorabilia
O M CRAZY

Re: My Curio Cabinet

Post by O M CRAZY »

Your memorabilia alone would make a very interesting display all by it's self...no guns needed. Just a few signs explaining what you have. I think it would attract more attention then most of our gun displays and it would show people a different side of Ruger collecting. Please consider doing it.

O M CRAZY
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

The date for Tulsa isn't terrible for me and the directions show a 6hr drive. I know that my store manager will be in Hawaii sometime that month but will need to verify those dates. It is very intimidating to even consider....
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Here are a few Alexander Sturm books. From Ambush To Zig-Zag might raise some eyebrows....This copy was obtained from an antique book store in Ireland. Real or Fake.....I don't know. I love it either way.
Attachments
IMG_0435.JPG
IMG_0434.JPG
IMG_0433.JPG
IMG_0432.JPG
IMG_0431.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
d findley

Post by d findley »

I've seen Sturm's signature on several different things. I am pretty sure that is Alex Sturm's signature.
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

I know how you feel, I felt the same way the first time I displayed. But I guaranty you that by the time you leave on Sunday you will be planning to come back. Everyone will make you feel at home and offer any help you may want.

O M CRAZY
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Very nice collection! Thanks for sharing the pictures. If you have any questions about 10/22's I will try to answer them as I have a nice collection of factory and ChiefAJ items.
Charlie1022
Charlie1022
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Charlie thank you very much. The 10/22 is the best ever made. My first one will never leave my collection and although plane Jane is one of my favorite rifles. I've not been able to obtain any from the legendary tribal workshop and actually have never seen one come up for sale. I was focusing on 3 screws for the longest but need to beef up the 10/22 presence. Perhaps it's time to start looking for one. I do have more than a few 10/22's but nothing that would drop any jaws here! There are a few salesman sample magazines out there that I would love to have too. I've seen a photograph of a a red base plate and another with tan.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Here are a few belt buckles!
Attachments
IMG_0438.JPG
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Singles....

The belt buckles are some items that I like but have not tried to find too many of. Seems like so many people made them over time and continue to do so. Many of them look old but I suspect are newer pieces. If I see one that I really like I'll get it. The 30 year was another piece that came from LeRoy Johnson.
Attachments
IMG_0443.JPG
IMG_0442.JPG
IMG_0441.JPG
IMG_0440.JPG
IMG_0439.JPG
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
contender

Post by contender »

I'm coming to this thread a bit late,,, but I love it. I too collect as much of the memorabilia as I can lay my hands on. You have gotten quite a bit of good stuff there. I can not encourage you enough to do a display. Tulsa, or OGCA, or any of the shows would be GREAT! Do NOT be intimidated in trying to put together a display. My first time,,, I knew nothing. I had guns, memorabilia, odds & ends,,, no title, no descriptions, no organization etc. Just 2 tables full of my "stuff." Several of the other collectors there were VERY kind & patient, and made polite suggestions, and positive comments to urge me onward. One in particular, Bob Nelson (my he RIP) was especially patient, & took the time to sit with me & explain a lot more on how to display & collect.
So, by all means,,, Work on a display, and bring it all out.
And of course,, keep on posting pics!