My Curio Cabinet

All Memorabilia
Rugerologist

Re: My Curio Cabinet

Post by Rugerologist »

I'm very glad to know that everyone here is enjoying this. Having seen some of the displays coming from the group and read books by members etc. I just felt like it was a good fit for me. My wife purchased a year membership a few years ago for me to the ROCS and I really was inspired by the displays I was seeing. A few days ago on the urging and with the help of Don, I re joined. Because of his kindness, I will become a life member at renewal time. After all this time, I don't see my interests changing! I did promise one of my friends that I would also join the RCA when able. Now that I understand more I'm glad that it won't be an issue. ElNumeroUno, thank you for the information! I liked your No. 1 display and really enjoy the few that I have been able to acquire. Last year, through a friend of mine who is a dealer earning promo points I was able to obtain the 257 Roberts. It's probably the only one that I own that won't ever be fired. The rest of mine are big game calibers thus far. I'm also glad that you like the cabinet! My wife can't claim it though.....it was a birthday present to myself, for my Ruger curio collection. I stay in trouble.
Last edited by Rugerologist on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Can anyone tell me anything about the relationship between Bill Ruger and the Ezells? I've heard rumors that Bill gave some engineering input and design ideas to them for the book and that perhaps they worked on some firearm projects together. This one came from an online auction and other than what it says.....no provenance.
Attachments
IMG_0422.JPG
IMG_0421.JPG
IMG_0420.JPG
IMG_0417.JPG
IMG_0373.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Major cool stuff! :D
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
Fox Mike

Post by Fox Mike »

Oh my goodness; what a collection. I am in awe!
Frank
Retired: 67Z5M
NRA
Maryland Shall Issue
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Here are my Ruger Corp Tools. Don, I'll cross post this in the Ruger Tools Page. Are there any other pictures you would like to see of these?
Attachments
IMG_0424.JPG
IMG_0428.JPG
IMG_0427.JPG
IMG_0426.JPG
IMG_0425.JPG
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

A shot of them all together.
Attachments
IMG_0423.JPG
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

I don't believe I have ever seen that much Ruger stuff in one place ,amassing!

O M CRAZY
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Cirrhitidae

Thank you for sharing your Ruger Curio and your thoughts and questions on all things Ruger.
To say Ive enjoyed your photos and the discussion and excitement it created through this thread is an understatement. You have an extraordinary collection of Ruger items. The main take away sounds as If you have an incredible wife and have made some wonderful life long friends. Its splendid to read in your posts that you are humbled by there friendship, contribution and assistance in your endeavor to learn and collect and it shows in the quality of the pieces and pride of ownership you've shared with us.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

O M Crazy thank you very much. I hope that I can display some of the collection at a future show but I know it won't hold a candle to what some of you have behind glass and safe doors! At any rate, I'll keep plugging away at it one piece at a time.

Liberty......Thank you also for the kind words and especially for your service. I was Army, enlisted as 18X, after a knee injury, ended up 11B1P in the 82nd. I was never deployed and am usually hesitant to mention that because in ways that fact does bother me. Knowing plenty that went....perhaps it was for the best. I do have a wonderful wife that, for the most part, understands or at least puts up with me and my eccentricities.

I received a beautiful package from Don today. Words can't express the kindness he has shown this complete stranger and I hope that one day I can shake his hand and thank him personally.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I guess the salesman sample magazine is the only real gem here but I liked the group together.
Attachments
IMG_0430.JPG
IMG_0429.JPG
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber