Ruger Artwork

All Memorabilia
Rugerologist

Ruger Artwork

Post by Rugerologist »

Everyone, please share with me the various artwork that you have framed related to Ruger. I do own the entire North American Big Game signed and numbered Print Series, however, I haven't ponied up on the frames and matting for all 12 which will inevitably quadruple the cost of the prints. They have been stored away in the portfolio until I"m able to do so. I also have some banners and dealer signage which is quite large and if I want to continue to live in my home also cannot be displayed at this time. :roll:

For now, this is my only submission. I love the two I've been able to obtain because they were commissioned for a store in Mt. Ida Arkansas which is my home state. I have no idea how many there are. The one shown here is hanging in my home and I have a second one identical to it which is now hanging at our families deer cabin but shown in the full shot photograph of my curio cabinet. I'd love to see what you have framed and hanging around the house!
Attachments
IMG_0400.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
gunman42782

Re: Ruger Artwork

Post by gunman42782 »

That's nice!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
d findley

Post by d findley »

Given to me by dear friends, original art (oil on art board) by James M. Triggs. It did not make the cover of Gun Digest. Not Ruger but....
verzal - Copy.jpg
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Very nice! Original art to boot. Is it oversized or the size of a 1963 Gun Digest Cover?
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

You are right about the framing. It will double or triple the cost of your art, But it will look great if you have a place for them to hang.

O M CRAZY
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

We've outgrown our starter home and I have no room on the walls for all 12. I could hang them at deer camp but would only get to enjoy them when at the cabin. Also, because it is left unattended for extended periods I just don't think that I could do that. Once I have space, I'll frame em up!
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
chet15

Post by chet15 »

Cirrhitidae, I believe there were 21 in the series instead of 12. Not only that, if I remember correctly there was another set of 21 as well, different prints with the same animal motifs pictured in the first series (i.e. #1 was a big horn sheep as was the #1 in the 2nd series).
Chet15
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

chet15 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:34 pm Cirrhitidae, I believe there were 21 in the series instead of 12. Not only that, if I remember correctly there was another set of 21 as well, different prints with the same animal motifs pictured in the first series (i.e. #1 was a big horn sheep as was the #1 in the 2nd series).
Chet15
There were 42 of the Ruger 21 North American prints isued, in 2 series of 21 each. Made me go look to confirm. I have a complete 2nd series of 21, and some of the first serries to include some artists proofs. General editions of 950 each, artist proofs 95. All are signed and numbered. There was a guy on ebay selling these cheap, Wolfe publishing still had some last time I went to their web page. Guy from eBay nice enough to send me the original procuct announcement printing. Suppose you now know my 2nd interest is art :D

To add, I found letter from seller in AZ, PM if you want to contact him, has been 6 years since I did business with him so do not know if he is still around.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Thank you for that information. I had no clue that there were so many of these out there. Of course, I would like to track them all down but I doubt that I'll ever have the wall space to hang them all. Rocdoc you have PM.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

Cirrhitidae wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:32 pm Thank you for that information. I had no clue that there were so many of these out there. Of course, I would like to track them all down but I doubt that I'll ever have the wall space to hang them all. Rocdoc you have PM.
You could frame a couple and include in your show displays IF I ever do a show display will include a couple of these framed prints, seen the prints for sale on rugerforum in the past for quite a bit of money compared to what Wolfe publising had them for, think they were selling for $25 last time I looked. ebay guy was selling for $10 several years ago