Ruger Artwork

All Memorabilia
Rugerologist

Re: Ruger Artwork

Post by Rugerologist »

First, let me say that I had a wonderful time in Ohio! Everyone had wonderful displays and I made it a point to check them all out when able. I do feel embarrassed that I was not able to speak to each displayer about their display but am going to make it a point to do this at our next show. I also feel terrible for missing the group photo. We had to be getting out of the truck when it was taken as I left the hotel right after Gene. I brought back a lot of great Ruger items which I'll slowly share here where and when appropriate. For now, I obtained these two from the silent auction and decided to start a Super Blackhawk wall. Very cool Don! It is hard to photograph as it's in a hallway.
Attachments
IMG-1819.JPG
IMG-1820.JPG
IMG-1821.JPG
IMG-1822.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Chuck, did you buy a copy of the 10" Super Blackhawk centerfold by Vince? I had about 5 copies laid out in the silent auction and presented Vince with a framed copy at the banquet. It is a "one of a kind". brass frame/Lee E
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

No! I saw Gene bidding on that and didn't realize that there was more than one of them.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I don't know if this is artwork but it required a frame! I figured out the framing situation and thought that I'd share my newfound knowledge. Fleamarkets! I have a ton of posters etc. that eventually, I would like to have framed and on the wall. The problem are the costs. So, I decided to measure all of my posters in need of furniture. As I make my usual rounds through the local flea markets I carry my tape measure. Today, I found this frame containing a horrible image of various chefs and spaghetti noodles all over it. I have no idea why someone paid a local framing shop to mount it but for me it was a steal at $10. It fit this 40-year poster nicely and was just the right color too. I doubt it's museum glass but who cares at that price?
Attachments
IMG-1865.JPG
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber