Ruger Mold

All Memorabilia
Rugerologist

Re: Ruger Mold

Post by Rugerologist »

So, here is some information from Mr. Hoobler and an additional photo related to this mold. A big thanks to him for filling in the gaps in my knowledge of this piece. Enjoy!

"Chuck

I was looking at Ruger pictures and saw this one. I still think the wood mold you purchased was used to make the aluminum “eagles” like in the picture. Wax would be warmed to where it would flow and after solidifying the wax would be taken out and dipped in a slurry. Once the mold was hardened, the wax would be melted out and aluminum would be poured into the mold.

The display had aluminum guides and to assemble the display one would just start at the top and slide each plate down until they reached the top of the display as you can see. The display was very heavy to move around.

We used it in Chicago, and a couple more shows where this picture was taken and then decided to scrap it and get a lighter booth. As far as I know the plates were given away to different people. The display was made in Prescott."
Attachments
Castings.jpg
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
JussBad

Re: Ruger Mold

Post by JussBad »

I have several of those castings along with some of the guides used for this display. Thanks for the picture - I had not seen this one before.