Chief AJ collectable 10/22's and items.

All Memorabilia
Rugerologist

Re: Chief AJ collectable 10/22's and items.

Post by Rugerologist »

Thank you, all. The encouragement and enthusiasm for the topic fuels my fire. I only hope that given the time constraints being placed on me that I'm able to do the story of his incredible life justice. Just last night I had to add another Chapter putting us at 31. That number may change up or down if we decide to combine a few or if something new arises. New information pops up daily as we converse and I jog his memory. Through my own research and reaching out to others, I've found out things that John forgot. Often this info leads to more research, writing, and late night discussions with him.

This book will be as complete as I can make it given the information that I have and an almost complete lack of record keeping. My disclaimer would be that it is his story as told to me. Some information I just cannot verify and must take him at his word as he was there and lived the life. He's a salesman no doubt. My sincere hope is that once we put it out there it will shed more light on the gray areas and that people will contact me with more information and photographs than I currently have. I've forced him to dig up and out everything possible through rounds of interrogation. He'll tell you that I'm a stickler for dates, times, places, and data. Maybe, an updated version will be necessary on down the road.

Once published, I have so much more material to share here in this thread but am holding back until the right time. There are probably AJ custom jobs, records, and stories out there that the majority here have never heard of.....and I'd imagine plenty that I still don't know about. He's done more in 80 years than 3-4 driven people would be able to achieve in those cumulative life spans.

There was a week or so when I was just so busy with work that I was having trouble putting the time in on the project. I told him how busy I was that week and he simply said "Now Chuck, if you want something done you find a busy man to do it. You're busy because you're driven and I have faith that you will get it done." With that, I sucked it up and drove on accomplishing my goals for the week. It didn't kill me.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Ditto all of the above.
Obviously a labor of love on Chuck's part and we will all benefit from it when the book comes out.
I had never heard of the Chief until I joined this forum. I read the whole thread and gained not only
an appreciation for the Chief and his accomplishments, but Chuck's desire to learn and tell the story.
Needless to say, I have become a Chief fan. And Chuck also.
Looking forward to the publication.

Cheers,
JAY

P.S.
Watertender....don't "call" me just 'cause YOU lost yer marbles!! :lol:
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

That's cool, I have never seen one of his adult daisys before. Thanks for posting.
Bill
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

ten22 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:01 am Had not seen anyone post one of his adult daisy's, laser carved and signed.
aj1.jpg
aj2.jpg
That's really cool ten22! Those rarely come up in good condition. Do you by chance have the box too?
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
JohnnyAuto

Post by JohnnyAuto »

Hello gents,

I am really glad I found this page.

I only stumbled across Chief AJ back in 2006 by accident when I was looking for a Mini-14. I bought one directly from Chief AJ that is outfitted with an Ultimak Picatinny rail dust cover and Nc Star scope, a muzzle brake, a sling stud for a "ching sling," and a hand-lapped barrel. The only thing on it Chief AJ is his logo rolled on the forward part of the barrel.

How do you suppose I would go about getting a Letter of Authenticity for it?

Thanks for your input.

John
ten22

Post by ten22 »

No, unfortunately no box. Here's a link to how it came originally with the box, special bb's and dvd. http://co2airguns.net/collection/Chief%20AJ/index.htm
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

JohnnyAuto wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:27 am
How do you suppose I would go about getting a Letter of Authenticity for it?
Send me a PM please. I can help you get a letter.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

Make the Chirf AJ book a hardback, worth the extra few bucks to preservre history
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Working on the hardback idea.....Probably a limited run of them if I can work it or possibly a second book way down the road. There is a lot more that could be done with this if I had years to do it.

To keep the ball rolling here is a box that I recently found. Even after all of my back and forth with John, it was unknown to me. Things like this will be in the misc memorabilia chapter and I'll bet that over time more items will surface that are also still unknown. He stayed busy.
Attachments
IMG-1132.JPG
IMG-1131.JPG
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Does anyone else have a bag of Chief AJ popcorn. It is in a cloth bag and could be used to rest your gun on. I am not home right now to take a picture of mine. Not sure on the year but it was from back in the mid to late 90's.
Charlie1022