Chief AJ collectable 10/22's and items.

All Memorabilia
Watertender

Re: Chief AJ collectable 10/22's and items.

Post by Watertender »

Put the Watertender down for a copy! Looking forward to meeting you and Chief AJ and the rest of the ROCS crew in Ohio if the stars align correctly
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Striken7

Post by Striken7 »

My dad was a firearms saleman for many years and knew Chief AJ at the time he set the record. Because of that relationship, he obtained 2 of the rifles he used to break the record including the very specimen he used to break the record.  Does anyone here know what value these rifles hold? Before my dad passed away, I recall him saying a couple of the rifles selling for over $7,000 each about 6 or 8 years ago.
Striken7

Post by Striken7 »

Charlie1022 wrote: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:53 pm OK, who else collects Chief AJ 10/22's and items? I met him back in the 80's after he set the new world record shooting 40,060 targets out of the air before he missed. I have several including 1 of 200 made up with his name in the receiver.
I also have one of his scout rifles he made with a BBZ laminated stock and a blued action and barrel that there are only 3 others like it he made up. I also have a special buck knife made up special for the scout rifle series he made up. The real icing on the cake is the autographed wooded block from his world record shoot. Over the years I have become good friends with the Chief and he has stayed at my house several times and put on shoots at our local gun club and went to our local gun show. I still have not had the chance to buy one of the guns used in his world record shoot but I keep looking. Looking forward to hearing about you collection.
Charlie1022
Hey Charlie,

Check out the new topic I just started. I have 2 of the 18 he used during the world record shoot including the one that broke the record and the one on the magazine cover.
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

I did check it out am interested. Can you call me and we can talk about them?
Charlie1022
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I've been away for the last week on vacation and completely disconnected from my cell phone and computer. It was wonderful. Anyway, I'm back and have some post ideas for the coming days. For now, here's a new Chief AJ item that I recently acquired. It's never been worn and I had it authenticated by Chief. This piece of memorabilia wasn't known to me and didn't make it into the book although some other hats did. He had a lot of promotional items!

There have been some calls back and forth from the publishers lately and others associated with pitching us promotional ideas and possibilities for the book. All of which costs more which is sort of falling on deaf ears to us but did give us some ideas as well. It never hurts to listen. Still nothing solid date wise on the date of publication but with this kind thing going on I know we're getting closer.

Also, John called me this evening. He was letting me know some things that he wished done with the book should something happen to him and some other things along those lines. I was on high alert as it wasn't the usual banter. The short of it is, he isn't doing well and continues to decline with other issues cropping up. He is in good spirits about everything and is certainly a fighter but it wasn't a good call to receive. I don't know what else to say about it other than time will tell the full story.
Attachments
IMG-1866.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Will keep him in our prayers!
Charlie1022
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Will keep him in our prayers!
Charlie1022
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

I will have prayers to The Creator for Chief AJ..
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Here's something that you don't see every day. After The Chief ended his fine-tuning career he got into and shot a record with BB guns. More details of that are in the book. Anyway, he got hooked up with Daisy and they did a special edition Chief AJ. There is still a plaque and Chief AJ display at their museum that I have yet to go see. A days run over at the Daisy factory here in Arkansas is 1695 rifles and that's how many of these are out there. They were made on June 4, 2005. I see them come up from time to time and there is one on eBay right now if someone would like to add it to their collection. https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-DAISY-CHI ... 3900821706 The box is in better condition than mine.

I showed the group this gun below for the first time in Ohio. It's signed on both the box and the stock and has all paperwork.
Attachments
Chief BB Gun.png
IMG-1884.JPG
IMG-1885.JPG
IMG-1888.JPG
Chapter 21 Photo 13 Plaque.jpg
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

I bought one for the son of a friend of mine and the Chief signed it special to him for me. As I recall he also did an adult stocked version with a large loop lever. Sure wish I would have kept one for me!
Charlie1022