Chief AJ collectable 10/22's and items.

All Memorabilia
Rugerologist

Re: Chief AJ collectable 10/22's and items.

Post by Rugerologist »

Get that one on eBay Charlie!!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Something like one of these Charlie? Here's the Marine Corp version, The Daisy factory one alongside a Chief AJ with adult mods, and also the Kentucky Colonel. To top it off here's the Annie Oakley display case from the Daisy Museum.
Attachments
Chapter 21 Photo 11 USMC BB.jpg
Chapter 21 Photo 5 2 BBs.jpg
Chapter 21 Photo 5 2 BBs.jpg (42.67 KiB) Viewed 4598 times
Chapter 21 Photo 9 AJ w Gun.png
Chapter 21 Photo 12 Presentation.jpg
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Sure hope that Chief AJ can make Tulsa in November! How is the book coming?
Charlie1022
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Here's part of the email that we received yesterday.

"Your manuscript went to your editor on July 3. Your Content Edit will likely take six to eight weeks. Your manuscript is progressing through the service as expected, and we can't really improve on that initial estimate for the timeline, but our editorial timelines are currently running one to two weeks long. If you don’t hear from us by the first week in September, let us know and we’ll check into it.

When you receive your edited manuscript, you’ll be setting your own timeline for reviewing and revising. When you’re satisfied with your review, return your manuscript to us and we’ll move it to book design."
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

The book is ready and John is very excited! The Exploits of Chief AJ ISBN: 9781532057960. We have probably too many hardbacks on the way for Tulsa but won't have them in hand for a few weeks. They ended up being 198 pages with full-color photos. Softcover books and digital versions are already for sale on our publisher's website.

https://www.iuniverse.com/Bookstore/Boo ... Chief%20AJ

"The official write-up states: John “Chief AJ” Huffer comes from a small town in Illinois, but throughout his lifetime he’s become known worldwide for his marksmanship accomplishments. In The Exploits of Chief AJ, author Chuck Vaughan looks into the life of Chief AJ, a Native American, Christian, US Marine, and former bodybuilder who worked out with Jack LaLanne. In 1987, Chief AJ broke his first world record by throwing and shooting 40,060 wood blocks during eight days through pain and weather without a miss. He went on to break records with air rifles, long bows, a two-hundred-pound English war bow, and slingshots. Throughout his life, he stayed busy participating in different types of exhibition shooting. Chief AJ set up rifle camps and trained instructors to teach others to shoot the Chief AJ way. He always maintained his fitness and won fitness contests into his seventies. He’s been to Hollywood and featured on shows like Discovery Channel’s Top Shot and National Geographic’s The Unbeatables. The Exploits of Chief AJ shares the story of this storyteller with a booming voice, now in his eighties, who found success in the world of marksmanship and shooting."
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

What is cost of hardback? Are you and the Chief signing these?
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

The hardbacks are looking to be somewhere around $35 and only available through us at the moment. We ordered 550 of them and I've inquired about a small limited special run of them possibly in leather. Softcover and digital versions from the publisher are available now at $33 and $3.99 respectively. We may have ordered enough to offer a special show price at Tulsa. Once I nail that down I may begin taking pre-orders and get an official count. Chief and I are both planning to be there along with his daughter. I know that he'll be wanting to hang around the display and book table to sign them. He's got a room reserved and plans to attend the banquet at which we can present him with his gift. All of this is health permitting of course and I've still got to get him some show passes somehow. I'm bringing two people with me too.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Anyone that wants a book copy reserved please PM me with your info and any special instructions. Even if you have already expressed interest a PM would really help me keep up to date. I've had a few people request numbered copies and I'm not sure how that's going to work yet as the first batch is being sent to Johns home. He's going to divide them up and send me some then bring the rest to the show. I will do my best to fill the ROCS orders and other special requests accordingly.

If you wish to get it out of the way you may send $35 through PayPal to reefescapes@gmail.com and include your instructions in the provided box. This will be for a signed hardback. If we are able to get the cost down, I'll refund the rest or use the remaining funds to ship your book to you.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

Sir,
Just tried to pay for your book with paypal. Would not go through,,not a correct email address keeps coming up.
Just a heads up.
Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Terry, reefescapes@gmail.com should be correct and I'm very sorry for the trouble. I just logged in to verify it and recently used it to send Don a payment. Everything should be in order. If sending checks is easier you're welcome to send them to
ROCS Digest
Attn: Granville Vaughan
PO Box 19085
Jonesboro, AR 72403
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber