Sprechen sie Deutsch? German Catalogue

All Memorabilia
Rugerologist

Sprechen sie Deutsch? German Catalogue

Post by Rugerologist »

Am home today not feeling well and digging through paperwork. Came across this German Catalogue. The binding is very frail and the way it folds out makes it difficult to scan. At any rate, I was careful and here it is. Now that it's scanned, I can browse through it without breaking that binding. Enjoy!
Attachments
Scan0015.jpg
Scan0016.jpg
Scan0017.jpg
Scan0018.jpg
Scan0019.jpg
Last edited by Rugerologist on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Re: Sprechen Sie deutsch? German Catalogue

Post by Rugerologist »

Second Set
Attachments
Scan0020.jpg
Scan0021.jpg
Scan0022.jpg
Scan0023.jpg
Scan0024.jpg
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Re: Sprechen Sie deutsch? German Catalogue

Post by Rugerologist »

The back
Attachments
Scan0025.jpg
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
gunman42782

Re: Sprechen sie Deutsch? German Catalogue

Post by gunman42782 »

Too cool!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Thank you! I lived in Baumholder, Germany for a year at my first Army duty station after AIT. Dated a young lady for about 7 months whose parents spoke English perfectly but made it a point to only speak Deutsch around me. They were great people (let me stay most weekends and holidays) and this forced me to learn to communicate. That was back in 2001 and I've all but lost the language again. At one time, I could speak enough to get by, and make out enough text to understand the basics but I never tried to learn to write it. Most of that has faded.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Weigeits Herr Fischenmeister! Many years ago I worked part time in a machine shop owned by a family from what was then East Germany. They escaped through Berlin to the West before the Berlin Wall went up in 1961. These people came to America with literally the clothes on their backs and worked for everything they have now. The machine shop is closed now except to repair things for their award winning winery. They have about 200 acres of grapes of which they use some and sell the rest to a couple of large commercial wineries. I trucked many loads of grapes to make "Mad Dog" and "Rosie" back in the day! They also spoke German around me so I picked it up pretty good at the time.... That is a neat catalog indeed which brought back some good memories for me. Thanks Chuck!
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Too Cool Chuck! I never tire of talking about or looking at old army photos of German Girls... :o :P
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Gene,

I looked at that catalog 3 times and I didn't see one girl. :( What am I missing?

O M CRAZY
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

O M CRAZY wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:58 am Gene,

I looked at that catalog 3 times and I didn't see one girl. :( What am I missing?

O M CRAZY
His memories of Germany I think! Although I tend to refer to my motorcycle and a lot of my guns as "she". As in she's running smoothly today or something along those lines. :D
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Chuck
Your catalog is truly amazing and the color graphics still look great. I have many of the models do you know what year the catalog was released? I would love to talk you out of a color copy (D-copy) so to say at the July Ohio event.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment