Kimbro Memorabilia

All Memorabilia
Rugerologist

Kimbro Memorabilia

Post by Rugerologist »

The Kimbro family has been closely tied with Ruger for what close to 30 years now? The recent release of the Kelly Kimbro SP101 only solidifies that relationship. Some of you are close with the family and there is probably a whole genre of Kimbro memorabilia out there that we don't even know exists. One could even envision a possible Kimbro display! I have a dozen or so posters of Kelly (seeking frames) and a few other items that I'll start to slowly photograph and share. Please, also share your Kimbro related memorabilia, photographs, and stories here. I know that it would be a great honor to hunt or even be invited to the ranch and that a few of our members know the family personally. I'm excited to see what surfaces as this is just another Ruger niche to delve into. For now, this is all I have to share. Obtained for me by a thoughtful friend from the Dallas NRA show earlier this year.
Attachments
IMG-1867.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Charlie1022

Re: Kimbro Memorabilia

Post by Charlie1022 »

We have known Kelly for years and have even been invited to their ranch, which we were glad we had the chance to take her up on. We have several of her posters over the years from the NRA conventions plus pictures of us at the shows. Deb got a pair of her special run of SP101' revolvers that she will display in Tulsa in November. It is a real honor to be able to do a display of these special guns in her honor. We have watched her daughter grow into a very talented young lady over the years. Her father is a very special man and really enjoyed our visit to the ranch to meet him and learn more about their ranch and mountain lion hunts that he and Kelly do. Just wish we would have had a chance to meet her mother before she died from cancer because of all the stories we heard about her. Our memories are priceless of her and her family.
Charlie1022
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

With stories like that I'm surprised that this topic hasn't already been started! Post some photos and beef this thread up with content and details Charlie! Can't wait to see what you've hoarded away on the Kimbro side of Ruger collecting.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Here's the 2005 Factory advertisement for the Ruger M77 Mark II Frontier Rifle Model M77FRBBZ MKII. The photograph features Warner and Kelly Kimbro and I thought that it should be included here. I found it interesting that the term "scout rifle" did not appear anywhere in the description. They went out of their way to describe it as such without using the term.
Attachments
Scan0022.jpg
Scan0023.jpg
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Here's a signed poster with Kelly and the Frontier Rifle listed on eBay, it's signed "Bud! Get well! We missed you in Houston. Kelly 2005".
Attachments
s-l1600-1.jpg
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Nice! Here's my daily contribution. I thought that it was from 1993 as it's discussing the new Ruger Vaquero. Confirmed the date using Don Findley's The Ruger Papers. Handy book!
Attachments
IMG-1904.JPG
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Having a hard time falling asleep this evening so I photographed and dated the Kimbro posters that I have thus far.
1. 1993
2. 1995 Signed
3. 1996 Signed
4. 1997
5. 1998
Attachments
1993 Kimbro.JPG
1995 Kimbro Signed.JPG
1996 Kimbro Signed.JPG
1997 Kimbro.JPG
1998 Kimbro.JPG
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

1. 2000
2. 2001
3. 2002
4. 2003 Signed
5. 2003
Attachments
2000 Kimbro.JPG
2001 Kimbro.JPG
2002 Kimbro.JPG
2003 Kimbro Signed.JPG
2003 Kimbro.JPG
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

1. 2004
2. 2005 Signed
Attachments
2004 Kimbro.JPG
2005 Kimbro Signed.JPG
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I do have duplicates of the 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004 shown. Would gladly trade them for a year or graphic version that I don't have. According to Don, Posters were made from 1998-2015 with a few years having more than one issue with differing graphics.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber