Prescott Factory Eagle

All Memorabilia
Rugerologist

Prescott Factory Eagle

Post by Rugerologist »

Here's a plaque of some sort that I'm told hung in the Prescott factory. I'm also told that there will be a letter of authenticity or something along those lines to go with it. The wooden plaque has been abused but I love it and will make no attempt to clean or repair. On examination, I believe that it hung in two different places. Once nailed, once glued. It's pretty amazing that someone was able to remove it without destroying. Anyway, it will soon be framed and hanging on my wall.
Attachments
IMG-1881.JPG
IMG-1882.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
flattop44

Re: Prescott Factory Eagle

Post by flattop44 »

I love it, beautiful. I agree, don't do a thing to it.
Bill
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Really neat piece of history, a lot of character. If it had eyes just think of the stories it could tell. Thanks for sharing.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Chuck that is great. It has character for sure. It's perfect just the way it is...
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Chuck....great peace of history!
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

Just has a warm aura about it! Please share it's provenance with us when you get it.
Great score,
Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Chuck,
That's a very cool piece! I like it.
I'm amazed at the things you com up with.
Cheers,
JAY

P.S.
Sent you a PM
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

A good friend has helped me to understand what exactly this item is and below is the gist of what he told me. He also has one of these plaques which I've shared below. His came from an NRA or Shot show 15 years or so ago and does not have nail holes in it but otherwise, it is identical to mine measuring 12 3/4 W X 14 H. He informed me that these were glued or nailed to large professionally built crates that were painted yellow. These crates were used to ship the Ruger display for shows all over the country and they were stored at and shipped out of Prescott. The plaques were attached to each side of the crate of which there were several and would from time to time get knocked off or need repairing. I would love to find some photos of these crates and if anyone has them please let me know. I don't know how many years they were used. His plaque was laying on the floor beside a crate as the Ruger team was packing up and instead of trying to reattach it they generously gave it to him. The forklift operators handled things pretty roughly as you can see from each of our photos but I know of 3 that survived and suspect that a photo of the third one will surface here with time. I'm glad you guys enjoy the history like I do!
Attachments
Crate Plaque.png
Crate Plaque.png (337.74 KiB) Viewed 3682 times
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber