1960's era Ruger Shooting Team Shirt

All Memorabilia
Rugerologist

1960's era Ruger Shooting Team Shirt

Post by Rugerologist »

It's been a bit since I've posted here but I've been lurking. Have had a lot on my plate the last few weeks but all good things. So, this shirt came from the collection of Jack Behn through John Dougan to me. Some of you may have known Mr. Behn. From what I understand Jack was a purchasing agent for Sturm Ruger for a number of years and retired with them. He was also an author and a collector. Jack passed away in 2006. From what I've been told it was from the 1960's and was used by a Ruger shooting team of some sort. It may have ties to Camp Perry but that is unverified. I wish that I had photographed the label and front before having it encased as it's not easy to remove and reposition properly for display as I used no pins or anything other than a hanger. The maker was Connecticut based. It shows it's age having faded from white to off-white and has a few small rusty color stains here and there but nothing distracting. If anyone has seen this shirt anywhere in a photo or if you know anything about it, I'm very interested in obtaining more information. Kind Regards
Attachments
shooting team shirt.png
Shirt Letters.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Coogs

Re: 1960's era Ruger Shooting Team Shirt

Post by Coogs »

Pretty neat!
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

That is a great addition to your collection. Good score.
Bill
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Another neat piece of Ruger memorabilia for your collection.

Vince
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

As usual Chuck, you have some of the "coolest" Ruger stuff out there!! Awesome, good for you my friend.
I know nothing about it, but my first thought was the Ruger Bowling team.... :P :P
To small for Watertender, but the thought of him in one of these and some rented shoes makes me laugh :lol: :lol:

Chers,
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

JAYDAWG wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:32 pm As usual Chuck, you have some of the "coolest" Ruger stuff out there!! Awesome, good for you my friend.
I know nothing about it, but my first thought was the Ruger Bowling team.... :P :P
To small for Watertender, but the thought of him in one of these and some rented shoes makes me laugh :lol: :lol:

Chers,
JAY
Hey Jay I wore a new bowling shirt at my 2nd wedding with our names and date on the back. I slipped out during the reception and put it on making all the guests laugh. When my new brother in law tapped on the glasses for me to kiss the bride I got up and kissed him instead... The look on his face was priceless! That made everyone laugh too. I wore a suit for the ceremony and start of the reception. Not a set of Arkansas LUUUVVV Pants like you might have thought. The judge that married us came highly reccomended, he had sent my brother to jail 3 times! Chuck does come up with some pretty neat Ruger items for sure
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Thanks, everyone! It does look like a bowling shirt and with such little known about it, it could very well be. It might also be just an old shirt with Ruger on the back....
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

[/quote]

Hey Jay I wore a new bowling shirt at my 2nd wedding with our names and date on the back.
[/quote]

Why am I not surprised?!?!??! :o :shock:
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker