The Exploits of Chief AJ Published and In Hand

All Memorabilia
Rugerologist

The Exploits of Chief AJ Published and In Hand

Post by Rugerologist »

All, Our book titled The Exploits of Chief AJ is published and available for purchase online through iUniverse, Amazon or through us directly. John and I ordered 550 of them and I have 3 cases in hand. We chose to go with a high-quality paperback version for this first release as hardbacks were not going to be available in time for Tulsa. John has signed them all and I've hand numbered the first 27 that I received. Number 1 - 11 are reserved for my family and close friends. The book is really nice. Better than I expected at 184 pages full color. It retails for $34 online for paperback and $0.99 for digital but we will be offering them at the show for $25-30 each.

Is there a way that we can link the book to the ROCS page somehow? If so, I'll split my 50% royalty and donate 25% of that to the club for any books sold through the page link.

Anyone wanting one, please let me know in this thread even if you have done so before. Now, I can finalize my list! What a good day!
Attachments
IMG-2125.JPG
IMG-2124.JPG
IMG-2126.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Watertender

Re: The Exploits of Chief AJ Published and In Hand

Post by Watertender »

Chuck you know I am in! You will have money in hand before Tulsa
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Good for you Chuck!!!!
What an AWESOME feeling it must be to see all your work come to it's conclusion.....(maybe!)
Sent you a PM.

Cheers,
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I've got everyone covered that has requested a book but they won't come from the original 27 that I received with a few exceptions. I told this to Jay in a PM but I made a huge mistake and posted this very same thing to my facebook. I had so many friends and family chime within a few hours and those first books went to them with a few exceptions here and there. I'm probably gonna end up upsetting some of you over it but I hope not as I can't recall anyone requesting a specific number. Really, the numbering is meaningless as John is also selling books. I'm just numbering those that come directly from me. I also want to be clear that we only ordered softcovers for these and hardbacks won't be available unless I'm able to afford them down the road. They certainly wouldn't have been ready for Tulsa in time either. John is sending me more signed copies which I will continue to number and issue out. I feel terrible but also felt loved that those closest to me wanted all of my first arrivals. I'm so sorry though if I've upset anyone in any way.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Chuck.....REALLY!?!?!?!?!?!? :? :?
I think I speak for most here that we are proud to have another published author amongst us!
As long as I get a copy....I'm happy :D
I know this was a very important project for you & I for one, am excited to see the finished product!
Cheers,
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

Yes I want one, ready to send check, you may recall you can hand my copy to Lee Newton at Tulsa, I will see him a little later in Nov. So you list cost as $25-30, which is it? Need to know to send you a check tomorrow.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Rocdoc let's do $25 as I believe that may be our show price anyway. If $30, then you get a good break! Will give to Lee no problem!

Thanks for your understanding, Jay!
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

Thanks much, check will go out tomorrow. Will watch for a hardbound version, and maybe you can get the leather bound version done. Will consider both
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

Chuck,
I'll put my order in the mail tomorrow. Appreciate all your hard work on this project!
I'll bet Johns smile will be brighter than ever at Tulsa,, ;) :D :D

Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Hi Chuck. I would like to pick up a copy of your new book at Tulsa. Can I pay you there or do you prefer prepayments?
Brass Frame/Lee E.