Colt Python

All Memorabilia
d findley

Colt Python

Post by d findley »

Not a Ruger but nice to see. Jim Triggs drawing for the cover of TRUE - The Men's Magazine, January 1956. They probably could not get away with that magazine title today. Triggs was consider among the best trompe l'oeoil panters ever. Trompe l'oeoil is an art technique that uses realistic imagery to create the optical illusion that the depicted objects in the painting exists in three diminution.
Attachments
4.jpg
gunman42782

Re: Colt Python

Post by gunman42782 »

Cool!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
JussBad

Post by JussBad »

He was the best that's for sure. Thanks for sharing. Always a pleasure to look at his work.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

It is really amazing that he was that good. His paintings look like the real deal and are always nice to study.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
d findley

Post by d findley »

I was wrong that was August of 1956.
Attachments
1s.jpg
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Fabulous pictures Don. Thank you for posting them. A friend of my father's was a pipeliner and carried a Colt Python in a zipped case in his welding truck. It was a beautiful revolver.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I wish I could have bought a bunch of those Pythons early on. Today, they seem to be averaging $2850 and up.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber