Another frame for the wall

All Memorabilia
O M CRAZY

Re: Another frame for the wall

Post by O M CRAZY »

Chuck,
Framing is expensive to have done, but it is not to hard to do it yourself. I have done many myself with satisfactory results. You need to be careful with photos and some posters that if they rest against the glass they may stick to it, never being able to be removed. That's why when you see photos they usually have mat board between the picture and the glass.

Vince
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Vince, I've not tried my hand at a DIY frame but my store manager has a full-on woodworking shop and told me to stop buying them. I too prefer a mat and will need to figure that part out as I've got a lot of things I'd like to hang. It's hard to tell by the photo but that one has what they called a hidden mat. It barely extends past the same color frame and angles inward toward the poster.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Chuck,
Most framing shops will sell mat board by the sheet. They may also carry a hand tool that is used to cut the mat board properly for about $20.00. They will also sell framing material by the foot, but if your manager has a good work shop he can make his own.
I used to own a paint and art store and the whole process isn't that hard. Don't pay the big $$$$.

Vince