Another frame for the wall

All Memorabilia
Rugerologist

Another frame for the wall

Post by Rugerologist »

I received some gift cards for framing and I felt like this one needed to go on the wall. It's dated 8/78. I had it pressed a bit to flatten the creases but the dust that built upon those edges is evident. I have more than a few of these but they are all folded for mailing. I don't mind the imperfections as they just show some age. Nothings perfect.
Attachments
IMG-2417.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
gunman42782

Re: Another frame for the wall

Post by gunman42782 »

Looks great!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Those creases are just character.
FT44
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

That looks great, I have 5 different of those banners and would like to get the framed but rather spend the money on firearms. I guess I'll have break down and give a shot at framing them myself.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I agree that the framing of any print can add up but I've got some wall space to fill and a lot of things that need to be better preserved. If I hadn't received the gift cards it probably wasn't worth it. Hobby Lobby was right around $180 to get that one done and it's not even that large. Some of the bigger posters like the Mini-14 and AC-556 that I've got would probably be closer to $450.

My store manager considers himself to be a woodworker/general handyman. He certainly has the tools of the trade and I think that for the next one I'll let him try. A longtime client owns a glass company so between the two of them I'm hoping to get some more done on the cheap. The museum glass with no metal and UV resistance is probably the most expensive part unless you get real exotic on the frame material.

I made a list of all my posters and their dimensions that I keep in the Jeep. Occasionally, at flea markets, I find something that will work.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Chuck that looks great. My living room walls are all taken up with cat shelves otherwise I might attempt to hang some Ruger items. The cats can go thru 2 rooms and around 3 walls in the living room without touching the floor. If you can frame the stuff yourself you can save some money. Anything Ruger you show is great!
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Thanks, Carl! I grew up with cats and can appreciate their independent nature. We only have dogs though as my wife is highly allergic to felines. My parents have 3 Ragdolls and when we visit she sneezes for two days.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Ruger1nut

Post by Ruger1nut »

very nice.

R1N
LIBERTY FOREVER