Unauthorized Ruger Gun Cases

All Memorabilia
Rugerologist

Re: Unauthorized Ruger Gun Cases

Post by Rugerologist »

Glad to help Charlie!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

I currently have one of each case for the three different long guns and a pistol case. I never had a chance to buy a briefcase?
brass frame/Lee E
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

You and me both brother! That is one of those elusive and rare memorabilia items. I only know of two in collections and one of those belonged to Tom Ruger. I hope to have the chance at one someday.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
chet15

Post by chet15 »

Isn't that the same material that was used for the poker chip sets? Need to look at ours to confirm.

Also, a similar thing happened when the 30th Anniversary wall clocks were made. Not sure if Tom is the one that had those done as well, but seems he was involved in the project. The frames were record turntables and they just turned them into wall clocks with a large 30th Anniversary decal in the center. Something like 750 made. The story is, when WBR saw them he also said that was the cheapest thing he'd ever seen and didn't want the company to have anything to do with them.
The were shipped in the very same record turntable box of the manufacture.
Chet15
JussBad

Post by JussBad »

Ah, yes the 30th anniversary clock. The story I heard was that an employee did these behind WBR's back. He did not like them.
clocktab.jpg
clock1.jpg
clockbox.jpg
clockcard.jpg
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I've been looking for one of those clocks for some time now. I have two different poker chip sets and can't say that the material is the same. The memorabilia list is never ending and I've had to stop my collection where the hard R stuff began.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber